Home

Old 09-02-2003, 07:30 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Move Over Maden...

Quote:

sportsgeist said:
If ESPN starts to sell good it won't be due to a change in a trend. If it starts to sell well is only because the people who usually play Madden every year are starting to notice the good work VC does. The demo that VC put out helped big time because I know there are people out there who would'nt have played ESPN any other way. They'll also notice that VC doesn't sit on their arse and they try an fix everything people had a problem with in the previous title. Everything that was fixed or new this year in ESPN is almost everything that was in last year's wishlist.

Instead of it being a trend I would rather it be because VC is a good development house and with proper time and money can put out some great titles.

'
IMO, if ESPN sells, it'll be because Madden players arent happy with their own game and have to look elsewhere. Why would they spend an extra 50 bucks if they are already pleased with a game that they show their allegiance to year after year?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2003, 09:44 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:

Problem is...Madden Bots are so brainwashed with Madden and its brand name its a shame. Other games that just happen to be better "ESPN NFL" for example dont ever get the credit it deserves simply because a ton of Madden Gamers refuse to give it a chance.....THIS IS THE TRUTH AND THIS IS THE ONLY REASON WHY MADDEN KEEPS OUT SELLING ESPN.

See, this is one of the reasons why I resist switching to the NFL2K series. There is so much Madden bashing I cant stand it. And some of the bashing in this forum is from Sega players from whom I bet havent tried this year's Madden! It's almost as mad as those anti-PC Macintosh commercials from a couple years ago.

But seriously a lot more Madden gamers have given the Sega series a shot than you think. The thing is Madden has always gotten the little things right: You always know that simulated stats are going to be correct, the computer controlled guys on your team can get a sack without you having to do a special Mortal Combat move, dirty uniforms during the game, etc,etc. Its the little things.

If ESPN gets them right, well then great! Either way I am going after ESPN. Im going to trade Madden in for it because I think they may have gotten it right this year. We will see.

But please get of your high horse saying that we have been brainwashed, please. Its people like you that make me think twice about getting ESPN Football. There is a reason why Madden sells; because it has beena polished, accurate simulation of NFL Football for 14 years.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:48 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 18

did he just say accurate football simulation
Old 09-02-2003, 09:56 AM   #28
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

the computer controlled guys on your team can get a sack without you having to do a special Mortal Combat move, dirty uniforms during the game, etc,etc. Its the little things.

eh? start reading some of the impressions cuz its the little things that were fixed....the mortal combat moves? what exactly are you getting at with this one? YOU as a player have complete control over the D-Line and you have a choice of REAL moves that ACTUAL defensive line man uses

i tried madden and i like the speed in this years version compared to that borefest of 2003 the gameplay was so slow that i actually dozed of while playing....

and learn to ignore threads sheesh if thats all it takes to keep you from getting a game because of what somebody says in a FORUM then you've got issues
Old 09-02-2003, 10:00 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:

See, this is one of the reasons why I resist switching to the NFL2K series. There is so much Madden bashing I cant stand

Your loss. Refusing to buy a game because someone bashes Madden.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:08 AM   #30
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

ha..yeah really.

i know i am getting this game. i've been in love with it since the first screens came out on those football fridays. this game looks life-like,. it's friggin' scary.

what i hate though in this forum is that the people who ESPN fans(which i don't know why there was Madden or ESPN fans at all) they call people who play Madden every name in the book. that is immature. Madden people don't do that. they seem the tamer crowd.

Old 09-02-2003, 12:10 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

If you have to revert to saying that Madden is bought because the consumer is brainwashed or some alliance has formed then you should just end yourself because that is just denial in the fact that you cant stand your precious sega game being out sold by huge numbers by Madden because obviously people like it more. I will be buying both games because I find them both enjoyable, why cant you people sit back and just play the damn game you bought and just shut up about Madden if you dont like it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »