Home

Old 09-01-2003, 07:42 PM   #1

OVR: 34
Move Over Maden...

I say "Move over Madden" because it's time.

For several years now EA's Madden Football has been the top seller among its competitiors; however, this does not mean the game is the best in its class. I personally have a liking towards Sega's game. I feel Sega has done a better job of simulation football. They are not perfect, but I believe they are better.

However, it will not be the expertise in gameplay that will put ESPN NFL Football over the top. It will simply be current trend. Right now, ESPN is hipper than ever. They are fresh with uniqueness and ingenuity. With the flavor of Sportscenter and all of ESPN's personalities added to the mix, the game will be a sure hit among gamers. Really though, isn't it only natural? I mean, isn't Madden a bit of a bore these days? You can only do the "booms" and all the other Maddenisms for so long.

Sad but true, the bulk of gamers who purchase Madden Football and give their allegiance to the game, do so because it is the declared "top pick." And the masses that move over to ESPN's NFL Football will do so for the same reasons. That's just the way things operate in our culture. It's the same reasoning behind Britney Spears selling more albums than the girl who writes her own music and settles for her own voice to sing rather than computers assisting her. Britney is POP. And, so is Madden. But not for long...

Move over Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2003, 07:46 PM   #2
Rookie

roadpimp's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Move Over Maden...

NOW LETS PLAY SOME FOOTBALL!!!!
Old 09-01-2003, 07:48 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:

roadpimp said:
NOW LETS PLAY SOME FOOTBALL!!!!

Old 09-01-2003, 08:20 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

Believe that, playa. You feel me.
Old 09-01-2003, 08:24 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 17

It will continue to be a top seller...

Madden love or hate is a solid game and one if you like that style of football isnt' all that bad.

As for ESPN...IT'S NOT EVEN FREAKING OUT YET. Weds we'll know if it can stand the test.

If it's a solid game, I'll be playing it and won't have Madden in my library. If it's not and has "problems" like it did last year, I just might move on to Basketball or Hockey.

Either way it's not out yet so let's stop this sillyness.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2003, 08:29 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 14

Well, it's the demo that makes us crazy, and the videos, screenshots, articles, previews, review (LBzrule's review), and hearing MMan say in ever post... "You guys are so crazed about the demo? Wait til you get your hands on the final version!!!"

All of these things including playing a 30% build of gameplay of ESPN Football first hand makes me love this game, and I know that I'm just in a HUGE treat when I get the 100% build.
Old 09-01-2003, 08:38 PM   #7

OVR: 34

My point is that it is not the gameplay that will put it over the top. It's current trend. ESPN will give it the much needed boost.
Old 09-01-2003, 08:42 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:

dQbell said:
My point is that it is not the gameplay that will put it over the top. It's current trend. ESPN will give it the much needed boost.

Totally... great ESPN menus, pre-game, in-game, and post-game commentary, and many more added options and features to make this game a whole lot better (Madden has the edge in Owner mode, but IMO I hated Owner mode).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »