Injured Reserve?

Does ESPN have Injured Reserve?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2003, 08:59 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Injured Reserve?

Don't think so.

Then again, that's what I HEARD... I actually have no clue what it is. Can someone let me know?

And uh, can you please next time add this in the career ending injuries section?
Old 09-01-2003, 09:04 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

More of a 'season ending injury' type bit. Players designated as 'Injured Reserve' are 'Out for the Season' so to speak.
Old 09-01-2003, 09:06 PM   #4
Banned

So does that make you inactive, so that someone else can be signed, yet you are still listed on the team?
Old 09-01-2003, 09:08 PM   #5
Rookie

Yep! IR players are set aside as being inactive, and you're free to sign up another player to bolster the depth more so. I'm a bit iffy on the whole play-off scenario thing; I think there's a possibility if a team goes to the play-offs, folks who were previously on the IR can suit up to play...

Which brings about another interesting point... I haven't delved too deeply with the whole 'roster' situation, in terms of the limits and all, but would anyone happen to know if 3 QBs per team is the minimum in the game? I understand there's at least two NFL teams who are going to start the season with only 2 QBs on the their roster; whether or not they add another 3rd one is another thing, but the possibility of putting faith in the durability of two folks is something I'm curious about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2003, 09:09 PM   #6
Banned

Oh, well I don't think they added this feature, as I saw on a thread about a month ago on the Madden boards.
Old 09-01-2003, 09:12 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:

MuffinMcFluffin said:
Oh, well I don't think they added this feature, as I saw on a thread about a month ago on the Madden boards.

What's really curious about that (and I don't mean to digress too much on this) is that while the feature is there, the CPU doesn't seem to implement it at all. At least, in franchise mode. I'm capable of placing my own team's players on the IR, but for the CPU teams, it'll just state that they're 'Out for the Season' as opposed to being placed on the IR itself. Very odd, I suppose.
Old 09-01-2003, 09:37 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:

understand there's at least two NFL teams who are going to start the season with only 2 QBs on the their roster

Chargers are one of them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »