Home

Upset with MS XBOX and Live

This is a discussion on Upset with MS XBOX and Live within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 09:06 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Upset with MS XBOX and Live

online leagues are being blown out of proportion this year for xbox...you can still prove you're the best with the new ranking system
Old 09-02-2003, 09:10 AM   #10
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

grunt said:
I dont have any sources that MS is to blame but I have a gut feeling they are to blame. EA is enough for me to raise serious concern surrounding their online gaming strategy. The world biggest game developer is not on X-BOX live? Why? I thought in a year MS could reach a compromise but no. I still have to play both MAdden and NCAA on my weaker system. Tony Hawk new game will not be online for the X-box either. I dont know the inside story but my online experience with my PS2 is looking better everyday.

Why do you lay the blame of EA not being XBL on Microsoft? EA is at least 50% at fault. Is that another gut feeling?
Old 09-02-2003, 09:11 AM   #11
Rookie

AmenRa's Arena

OVR: 2

If ESPN NFL was compatable with XSN, would anybody buy fever? Most won't. MS knows that and Fever is a 1st party title. They want to keep it exclusive this year so they can reap the benefits. Well, they aint getting my money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2003, 09:13 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 18

lol...they aint gettin mine either
Old 09-02-2003, 09:13 AM   #13
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

AmenRa said:
If ESPN NFL was compatable with XSN, would anybody buy fever? Most won't. MS knows that and Fever is a 1st party title. They want to keep it exclusive this year so they can reap the benefits. Well, they aint getting my money.

Makes sense.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:46 AM   #14
Pro

Chodite24's Arena

OVR: 6

It's truly sad. I'm upset enough over MS and EA not getting along and not allowing EA to do their thing on XBL... but now MS is messing with VC's online strategy. Very uncool IMO.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:24 AM   #15
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

The reason ESPN will not have online leagues on Live is because Live is a closed network and ESPNvideogames is not a part of that closed network.

Sega can't utilize XSN for a few reasons. One is MS probably won't let them and two is they wouldn't have had the programing resources in time.

From what I read about ESPN online on the PS2 is that the stats and look blow away XSN...which frankly looks like a Sony product -- all hype and little substance.

Live started the online battle of the consoles but PS2 quickly closed the gap and knows what counts - games - not the hardware/interface behind it. You would think MS would start to realize this by now.

MS has a lot of big first party games in the pipe for XSN and Live but if they think they can sustain online gaming with their 1st party titles they are wrong. They need 3rd party big franchise games and when those games go online on the PS2 and not Live then that is a MAJOR problem.

Seeing as the two major advantages of the Xbox over PS2 are graphics and Live they can't let this kind of stuff continue. It is bad enough that the graphic power of the Xbox is tainted by bad PS2 ports but to let their advantage in online gaming start to slide is going to hurt a lot this holiday.

What looks better to joe consumer this holiday season - the mainstream system with 'free' online capabilities out of the box and all the big holiday titles online with all the features - or the fringe system with 'subscription' online service and a lack of support from 3rd party developers? And just when I was thinking the Xbox might start to show its dominance this holiday season....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2003, 10:40 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

Mrcabone said:
Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:
Quote:

Mrcabone said:
Quote:

AmenRa said:
No online leagues. No XSN for espn nfl.

Nothing will make fever good. I rented it because I wanted to utilize XSN, but fever is a horrible football video game.

Now I understand what some game deveolopers are saying about MS controlling the online aspect of xbox. This is not good. MS is only hurting the gamers when they do this.

Advantage,PS2!!!!!!!

Not really an advantage. It's not like ESPN on xbox won't be online at all. It all depends on what you want. I still have my PS2 that's collecting dust but I will get ESPN, as I did with NCAA and Madden on xbox. From seeing XSN in action, imo, it's not all that. I mean, it's cool to see all your stats but it's alright. I'm sure Sega's online leagues will be cool, for a minute.

Considering how many Xbox owners are upset they won't have online leagues set up through ESPN 2K4,I would consider this an advantage for PS2 owneers.

Well my man, I have a PS2 with Broadband, yet I've bought Madden, NCAA, and ESPN all on xbox. I guess the PS2 is not an advantage for me. Throw in my HDTV and 6.1 Surround, you'd understand why I prefer the xbox versions over PS2. PS2 looks like garbage. I had to connect the PS2 to the smaller 25'' in the bedroom to enjoy NCAA (PS2, I had both versions).
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »