Home

Upset with MS XBOX and Live

This is a discussion on Upset with MS XBOX and Live within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 10:43 AM   #17
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Upset with MS XBOX and Live

Quote:

Clay_OS said:
Quote:

grunt said:
I dont have any sources that MS is to blame but I have a gut feeling they are to blame. EA is enough for me to raise serious concern surrounding their online gaming strategy. The world biggest game developer is not on X-BOX live? Why? I thought in a year MS could reach a compromise but no. I still have to play both MAdden and NCAA on my weaker system. Tony Hawk new game will not be online for the X-box either. I dont know the inside story but my online experience with my PS2 is looking better everyday.

Why do you lay the blame of EA not being XBL on Microsoft? EA is at least 50% at fault. Is that another gut feeling?

Just take a look at MS and their past. Those that play nicely with MS get burned in the long run.

Yes, it might be premature to say its MS's fault for not having online leagues/tournies for ESPN. However, it would be an assumption I would be willing to make.

I am glad EA, MS are doing their own things(I know I have said this many times).
Both online networks this year were somewhat lackluster. Maybe this will make both companies work harder for next year.

BD
Old 09-02-2003, 10:44 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 7

Yea I dont agree with MS business decisions here. Trying to service ONLY 1st party titles is wrong. XSN should be a sports service open to big sports games not just 1st party games. If I were MS Id wait at least until their 1st party games were considered the best before making such a bold move. ESPN sports games should be welcomed on XSN because the 2k4 versions are going to be the best. I have high hopes for LINKS, Top Spin, Amped 2, Inside Drive (one good game) BUT Espn NFL and NHL2k4 are going to be the best respectively this year.
I have to give the ps2 THE NOD HERE--this is almost as bad as waiting for GTA.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:45 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 11

Im still unsure which system I will buy it for. Im sure the Xbox will look and sound better, but the online leagues on PS2 are sounding nice and the PS2 controller is far superior imo. Add to that the fact that I have no Xbox Live games and was considering not even renewing since MS is screwing us out of the things I want to play (NCAA online etc...) I really feel no reason to give those aholes my money again until they get their stuff together. I obviously will decide by tommorrow, but as long as the PS2 version runs decently, Im leaning that way.

Old 09-02-2003, 10:53 AM   #20
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:
Quote:

Mrcabone said:
Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:
Quote:

Mrcabone said:
Quote:

AmenRa said:
No online leagues. No XSN for espn nfl.

Nothing will make fever good. I rented it because I wanted to utilize XSN, but fever is a horrible football video game.

Now I understand what some game deveolopers are saying about MS controlling the online aspect of xbox. This is not good. MS is only hurting the gamers when they do this.

Advantage,PS2!!!!!!!

Not really an advantage. It's not like ESPN on xbox won't be online at all. It all depends on what you want. I still have my PS2 that's collecting dust but I will get ESPN, as I did with NCAA and Madden on xbox. From seeing XSN in action, imo, it's not all that. I mean, it's cool to see all your stats but it's alright. I'm sure Sega's online leagues will be cool, for a minute.

Considering how many Xbox owners are upset they won't have online leagues set up through ESPN 2K4,I would consider this an advantage for PS2 owneers.

Well my man, I have a PS2 with Broadband, yet I've bought Madden, NCAA, and ESPN all on xbox. I guess the PS2 is not an advantage for me. Throw in my HDTV and 6.1 Surround, you'd understand why I prefer the xbox versions over PS2. PS2 looks like garbage. I had to connect the PS2 to the smaller 25'' in the bedroom to enjoy NCAA (PS2, I had both versions).

Well,HDTV and Surround sound,are advantages that Xbox has,clearly,but the PS2 version of ESPN football has the advantage of onlines leagues capability built on the game,like it or not my man,however saying the PS2 gas crappy graphics was uncalled for,but I guess immaturity is expected from people I guess.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:55 AM   #21
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

For me, it is XBox all the way. But if this continues through 2005, I may go with the PS3 instead of the XBox2.
I am sure both systems will have close to the same power, and both will have a hard drive(most important for me).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2003, 11:03 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 6

Mrcabone what do you call your comments in this thread...They kind contradict your claims in the other post...Now don't they.....

Old 09-02-2003, 11:07 AM   #23
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

Quote:

SportsMonger said:
Mrcabone what do you call your comments in this thread...They kind contradict your claims in the other post...Now don't they.....

Explain yourself better. :
Old 09-02-2003, 11:07 AM   #24
Banned

Quote:

Jestopo said:
Don't fret yet. Team Xbox's review says there are private tournaments for the Xbox, more options than last year, and it might compare to XSN.

Would that be tournaments with full stat-tracking?

That might be a good substitute.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »