Home

Upset with MS XBOX and Live

This is a discussion on Upset with MS XBOX and Live within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 11:07 AM   #25
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Upset with MS XBOX and Live

Quote:

Mrcabone said:
Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:
Quote:

Mrcabone said:
Quote:

AmenRa said:
No online leagues. No XSN for espn nfl.

Nothing will make fever good. I rented it because I wanted to utilize XSN, but fever is a horrible football video game.

Now I understand what some game deveolopers are saying about MS controlling the online aspect of xbox. This is not good. MS is only hurting the gamers when they do this.

Advantage,PS2!!!!!!!

Not really an advantage. It's not like ESPN on xbox won't be online at all. It all depends on what you want. I still have my PS2 that's collecting dust but I will get ESPN, as I did with NCAA and Madden on xbox. From seeing XSN in action, imo, it's not all that. I mean, it's cool to see all your stats but it's alright. I'm sure Sega's online leagues will be cool, for a minute.

Considering how many Xbox owners are upset they won't have online leagues set up through ESPN 2K4,I would consider this an advantage for PS2 owneers.

Well I'm one that's not upset. I'll be happy with my HDTV and 5.1 sound setup...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2003, 11:09 AM   #26
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

Skyboxer said:
Quote:

Mrcabone said:
Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:
Quote:

Mrcabone said:
Quote:

AmenRa said:
No online leagues. No XSN for espn nfl.

Nothing will make fever good. I rented it because I wanted to utilize XSN, but fever is a horrible football video game.

Now I understand what some game deveolopers are saying about MS controlling the online aspect of xbox. This is not good. MS is only hurting the gamers when they do this.

Advantage,PS2!!!!!!!

Not really an advantage. It's not like ESPN on xbox won't be online at all. It all depends on what you want. I still have my PS2 that's collecting dust but I will get ESPN, as I did with NCAA and Madden on xbox. From seeing XSN in action, imo, it's not all that. I mean, it's cool to see all your stats but it's alright. I'm sure Sega's online leagues will be cool, for a minute.

Considering how many Xbox owners are upset they won't have online leagues set up through ESPN 2K4,I would consider this an advantage for PS2 owneers.

Well I'm one that's not upset. I'll be happy with my HDTV and 5.1 sound setup...

Enjoy
Old 09-02-2003, 11:10 AM   #27
Banned

Quote:

grunt said:
I dont have any sources that MS is to blame but I have a gut feeling they are to blame. EA is enough for me to raise serious concern surrounding their online gaming strategy. The world biggest game developer is not on X-BOX live? Why? I thought in a year MS could reach a compromise but no. I still have to play both MAdden and NCAA on my weaker system. Tony Hawk new game will not be online for the X-box either. I dont know the inside story but my online experience with my PS2 is looking better everyday.

Didn't Midway say there was something which made it more difficult to put their games on XBL this year too?

Seems like to some developers, the advantages of XBL (MS building and running the infrastructure) do not outweigh some of the online features they want to support.
Old 09-02-2003, 11:10 AM   #28
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

bdunn13 said:
Quote:

Clay_OS said:
Quote:

grunt said:
I dont have any sources that MS is to blame but I have a gut feeling they are to blame. EA is enough for me to raise serious concern surrounding their online gaming strategy. The world biggest game developer is not on X-BOX live? Why? I thought in a year MS could reach a compromise but no. I still have to play both MAdden and NCAA on my weaker system. Tony Hawk new game will not be online for the X-box either. I dont know the inside story but my online experience with my PS2 is looking better everyday.

Why do you lay the blame of EA not being XBL on Microsoft? EA is at least 50% at fault. Is that another gut feeling?

Just take a look at MS and their past. Those that play nicely with MS get burned in the long run.

Yes, it might be premature to say its MS's fault for not having online leagues/tournies for ESPN. However, it would be an assumption I would be willing to make.

I am glad EA, MS are doing their own things(I know I have said this many times).
Both online networks this year were somewhat lackluster. Maybe this will make both companies work harder for next year.

BD

I sat in a conference at E3 with John Schappert from EA on the panel and he said that EA and MS were very close to a deal and, in not so many words, don't be shocked to see the two come together by next year.
Old 09-02-2003, 11:10 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:

Mrcabone said:
Quote:

SportsMonger said:
Mrcabone what do you call your comments in this thread...They kind contradict your claims in the other post...Now don't they.....

Explain yourself better. :

No need...

I think people can read...
Old 09-02-2003, 11:11 AM   #30
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

Mrcabone said:
Quote:

SportsMonger said:
Mrcabone what do you call your comments in this thread...They kind contradict your claims in the other post...Now don't they.....

I will:
If you would take the time to sit down and re-read the post correctly he says the PS2 looks crappy on his HDTV set. I know he's right because the I have the same situation. I also hooked my PS2 up to my 27" set and the XBOX is strictly on my 57" HDTV because the PS2 does look terrible on my HDTV.
Old 09-02-2003, 11:56 AM   #31
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

I wouldn't say the ps2 looks bad on my HDTV. However, I would say Fever looks great on the same tv.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2003, 12:27 PM   #32
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

Quote:

Skyboxer said:
Quote:

Mrcabone said:
Quote:

SportsMonger said:

I will:
If you would take the time to sit down and re-read the post correctly he says the PS2 looks crappy on his HDTV set. I know he's right because the I have the same situation. I also hooked my PS2 up to my 27" set and the XBOX is strictly on my 57" HDTV because the PS2 does look terrible on my HDTV.

Actually,I didn't ask you to explain yourself better,but since you did whoopee,good for you,but the statement he made about the PS2 grphics looking crappy was uncalled for,in context to the question that was asked on this thread. Shhhhhh
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »