Home

Old 09-02-2003, 09:50 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
why?

why when i read a review about espn football they say how good the graphics player models sound and the animations are and then they say something stupid like the franchise isnt as deep as madden, is that all madden have is franchise?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2003, 09:52 AM   #2
Pro

CptObvious's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: why?

I believe they are referring to Owner Mode as being part of a Franchise
Old 09-02-2003, 09:53 AM   #3
MVP

rock85's Arena

OVR: 17

Don't kid yourself the franchise mode is really good maybe not as deep as madden but it's still dam good
Old 09-02-2003, 10:00 AM   #4
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

rock85 said:
Don't kid yourself the franchise mode is really good maybe not as deep as madden but it's still dam good

Yea,you can't set ticket prices and etc....But ESPN's franchise mode is no joke,everything else you would do as a general manager/owner is pretty much in there.I could care less how much a hotdog should cost when on the field my offensive lineman can't open up any running lanes and he's rated a 96 overall.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:08 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

I don't get that either. Sure Madden has a depp Owner mode but it's for hardcore sim geeks that like setting prices on parkin ect. Honestly I detest Franchise mode to the fullest and don't get into it cuz it seems pointless, but ESPN's Franchise mode this year with that email system(very cool with the letters about the Owner thoughts on your performance), goals and power rank(Favorite) looks very fun and because there are goals to accomplish and a power rank to show who's the top dogs in the league it gives me a point to playing franchise. To me ESPN's franchise mode looks a lot more fun than Maddens and I have never like franchise mode ever. I don't see the point let alone the fun in setting prices on hotdogs and moving your HOMETOWN/FAV team to a new city. To me all that is tedius and not intuitive at all and above all boring and stupid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2003, 01:04 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

the funny thing is if the roles were reversed and madden had the superior sound/graphics but inferior 'chise the same reviewers would be jizzing over the look and sound of madden and would make comments about espn not having as good visuals.

Sega is always in a can't win situation when it comes to those people.
Old 09-02-2003, 01:13 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Until owner mode is online I don't care who has the best one.
Old 09-02-2003, 01:25 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

mrspeedot said:
Until owner mode is online I don't care who has the best one.

When one of you "Fantasy" GMs has actually sat down and had a REAL conversation with one of these "free agents" you have "signed" or if you have met at least ONE person who is buying your popcorn at that "reasonable" price that you set, or you can give me the name of the construction company that helped you build your "new stadium", Owners Mode does not even exist to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »