Home

Hate to be persimistic here.

This is a discussion on Hate to be persimistic here. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2003, 12:21 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 7
Hate to be persimistic here.

As someone who is eagerly anticipating the release of ESPN Football. Im wondering how long its going to take before we start finding the bugs that piss us off.

Its gonna happen like this.

We'll get the game, Love every aspect of it, sing its praises etc. Then after a couple of weeks or days we'll start finding things we dont like about it. Most new threads will be in a similar fashion.

This is something that happens with every sports game after people start playing it extensively. Although, I doubt it will ever be as bad as the Legendary NFL 2K3. LoL.

All Im hoping is that the bugs we discover are not game-killers.

Here's a rundown of my problems with 2K3 last year, and I hope similar bugs do not exist.

-No Sacks
-Loss of sound in franchise in some games after pausing after year 4 in franchise mode
-Background noises of draft replaced the rundown music on the weekly highlights
-Roster issue with teams having no punters, and or kickers
-All draft problems - Ultra Slow QBs, too many good DBs.
-Progression - Random Progression
-Gameplays - Beaten to death already - Dropped Passes, few fumbles.
-Stat tracking - Low Simmed stats for QB's

Thats just a portion and I still loved the game.

Im just hoping this version has manageable bugs only.

Also, I have a question. To those that play sports games alot. Assume you review a game like 2K3 after 1-2 weeks of play, and give it a 9. If you reviewed it after 4 months would your second review score be the same, higher or lower.

I think I would go lower for almost every sports game as I would have had enough time to find problems.

</end meaningless post>
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2003, 12:26 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Hate to be persimistic here.

Hey Tiger, I'm curious...do you plan on tinkering around with the sliders on this game? I'll be waiting for a set in the future.
Old 09-02-2003, 12:27 PM   #3
Banned

phattastic76's Arena

OVR: 4

as long as it isnt Madden 2004...
Old 09-02-2003, 12:31 PM   #4
Rookie

Ah, you must mean where no matter how much you tinker with the sliders, it doesn't seem 'balanced' and all?

Well. I guess taking into account different user's playing styles, with folks wanting the proper amount of plays per game - as well as a proper list of "time of progression", there's always been a sacrifice or two, in order to achieve that perfect 'compromise' of sorts.

Still though, I've got very high hopes for this franchise. Of course, only one way to find out! That's whenever my copy comes in.
Old 09-02-2003, 12:38 PM   #5
Banned

phattastic76's Arena

OVR: 4

Im saying in general, as long as it isnt like Madden. I rented it, LOVED it at first and then 4 days later I couldnt wait to drop it back off at Blockbuster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2003, 12:38 PM   #6
Rookie

Ahh! I see. Well, here's to wishful thinking!
Old 09-02-2003, 12:40 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 7

Hukarez,

I dont know, I probably will. But for maddden, I ended up using someone elses slider settings. I tried, Mine, CM's, DanSf49, showmedabounce and right now on Jistic's.

What I am hoping for is a game that needs no Sliders adjustments. I understand that they help us customize elements of the game but the things we have to correct with sliders are sometimes too extreme.

you cant tell me that in the higher-levels of madden 04, like all-madden, didnt someone think that .5 seconds wasnt enough time to step back into the pocket??

Same goes with the extreme measures taken by 2K3 to make the game harder on all-pro. It was like a magnet was on the ball-carrier begging for defenders.

From the reviews of LBz and the Impressions of Steve, Its looking good so far. But they've not had the game for that long also. As they get better at the game, Im sure it will be too easy for them on the present difficulty levels, And I feel if the difficulty is bumped up, There will be artificial things that make the game tougher.

Either ways, its not a big issue, its just that with sliders, I get the sense that Im either cheating myself or cheating the cpu depending on if I win or lose, I'd rather the difficulty be set by the devs.
Old 09-02-2003, 12:45 PM   #8
Rookie

Very good point. As far as Madden goes, I honestly haven't really tinkered around with much afterwards. Heck, I don't even know where my disc went...guess I was just a bit frustrated with all the different degrees of adjustments to help 'fine tune' and what not.

I am hoping the gameplay in ESPN is very balanced; and while I may be a bit more towards an actual representation of the sport statistically, the gameplay descriptions from everybody else here seems pretty astounding.

I guess the whole presentation thing, the 'immersive' feel of it all is what's got me all excited for the game; kind of a bonus to the whole enchilada. From what I can understand, Pro is just far too easy, and the next level up seems to be the logical choice. Well...whenever the game comes in for me, I'll at least be able to get a 'feel' of it.

To think; I've never even played the demo!

ADDENDUM:
I am curious though, if LBz or Steve plans on following up their reviews/impressions in the future?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »