Home

HDTV Question for ESPN Football

This is a discussion on HDTV Question for ESPN Football within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 09:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
HDTV Question for ESPN Football

I have an awesome 63 inch widescreen Mitsubishi (don't get jealous because I am in debt up to my eyeballs for it!). How do I get HDTV for my PS2 so I can play ESPN Football in High Def? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2003, 09:51 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: HDTV Question for ESPN Football

The 720p HD is only available on the XBOX.

Also, alot of Mitsu tv's don't support 720p and don't do the upconversion to 1080i from what I've been told so you'd need an external scaling device.

Now here's my question: I have an xbox and a tv capable of doing a 720p -> 1080i conversion (Sony xbr800 GWII) and I have my xbox settings set to enable 720p which it appears I am getting on NBA 2k3 and Tony Hawk, but on ESPN football the graphics look great but definitely appear to only be 480p. Anyone have any ideas why I am not seeing 720p?
Old 09-02-2003, 09:58 PM   #3
Rookie

kayto's Arena

OVR: 3

From what i recall with most sony hdtv's they downconvert 720p to 480p.....so youre prbly seein 480p with all those games.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:03 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Well you could be right, but ESPN and ABC HDTV look to be upconverted when I watch them. Another thing I noticed is that when I receive a HD signal my tv is fixed to widescreen and that is not occuring with the game which makes me think the xbox is not sending the signal as 720p. I only got to play with the game for about an hour before work and I did a few tests switching back and forth and also looking at NFL 2k3 for reference.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:03 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

I don't know what you guys have been told, but Mitsubishi is a top of the line HDTV...Up there with Hitachi..

Is it a platnium series man..?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2003, 10:45 PM   #6
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:

gambino said:
I have an awesome 63 inch widescreen Mitsubishi (don't get jealous because I am in debt up to my eyeballs for it!). How do I get HDTV for my PS2 so I can play ESPN Football in High Def? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

The PS2 is not capable of HD resolutions (720p/1080i)
Old 09-02-2003, 10:51 PM   #7
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:

Corey said:
The 720p HD is only available on the XBOX.

Also, alot of Mitsu tv's don't support 720p and don't do the upconversion to 1080i from what I've been told so you'd need an external scaling device.

Now here's my question: I have an xbox and a tv capable of doing a 720p -> 1080i conversion (Sony xbr800 GWII) and I have my xbox settings set to enable 720p which it appears I am getting on NBA 2k3 and Tony Hawk, but on ESPN football the graphics look great but definitely appear to only be 480p. Anyone have any ideas why I am not seeing 720p?

Actually, your TV does not upconvert to 1080i, it displays everything at 1366 x 768.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »