Home

Official ESPN NFL Football 2K4 Sliders Discussion

This is a discussion on Official ESPN NFL Football 2K4 Sliders Discussion within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2003, 09:51 AM   #73
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Official ESPN Football Sliders Discussion

Quote:

toychri said:
Just so I can get my bearings on some of these slider posts while I'm at work, if 20 is the middle, that would be the defualt All-Pro, correct? So what is default Legend? Is it 5?

Legend would be 5 for you and 35 for the CPU.
Old 09-05-2003, 12:00 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Nah!

Legend is 10 for the human and 30 for the CPU. All-Pro is 20 for both. Pro is 30 for human and 10 for CPU and Rookie is 40 for Human and 0 for CPU.
Old 09-05-2003, 12:04 PM   #75
Th* N*w F*c* *f D**th

MNOFSTEEL34's Arena

OVR: 9

THAT IS CORRECT
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2003, 12:20 PM   #76
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

NoleFan said:
Nah!

Legend is 10 for the human and 30 for the CPU. All-Pro is 20 for both. Pro is 30 for human and 10 for CPU and Rookie is 40 for Human and 0 for CPU.

sorry my bad, I swore it was 5.
Old 09-05-2003, 12:43 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:

pk500 said:
Quote:

ZoneBlitz said:
Quote:

JohnDoe8865 said:
Can you even use sliders in multiplayer?

That is a good question. I want to know about Human vs. Human (not online however). Now I think the different experience that it refers to on the back of the box may be for those who have slower connections and lag time.

No, the "different experience" label is a politically correct ode to protect little Johnny. It's a warning that people may swear and use foul language -- gasp! -- while playing online.

That's it. Seriously.

Take care,
PK

You're probably right.
Old 09-05-2003, 12:47 PM   #78
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Hey guys. About fatigue. I don't think you need to mess with the fatigue slider any more than 5 notches like Bill has it. Once you are in a game, if you go to options (I think thats it) there is a fatigue setting. Default subs guys out at 30%. Bump this up to atleast 50% and you'll start to see some of your backups play. It didn't affect the QB thakfully when I played.
Old 09-05-2003, 07:21 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 17

Here's my sliders.

Bill can take most of the credit for most everything.

Let me also bring up something the guys from Sega Sports said about NHL 2k3. All-Pro settings you'll see the guys act truer to their ratings. And that's what we want.

With that in mind and some weird matrix system for ratings. Go see the NHL 2k3 forums for that little confusing nugget. I had to retake Calculus, to figure that thing out.

Back to the ESPN sliders:

Human/CPU
Blocking 13/20
Passing 20/20
Running 26/25
Catching 20/20
Coverage 10/32
Pursuit 26/20
Tackling 40/30
Kicking 20/20
Fatigues 10/10

If the settings are 20/20 that means that they are going to play close to the ratings.

If it's a 10/30 split you are giving the advantage to the CPU. That's the legend setting. So in the areas you are having too easy of a time, try using the legend settings for both the CPU and human and then adjust from there. And the opposite is true if you can't seem to pull something off.

In the running department, it seems you can give a slight boost and see some results. It seems that some of the attributes are tied to other factors in the game and work in a different manner than Madden sliders. I guess you have to unlearn that some of the sliders don't work independently of each other (human/CPU).

One thing that's up in the air is what happens if you lower or raise the human/cpu slider. So the problem Bill and others had with raising the sliders. We know it doesn't work like Madden but how exactly the sliders work would be nice to know. And what exactly the sliders do, does running just affect the RB talent or does it affect run blocking. We really need some explanations for each of the sliders and what happens if you start moving them around.
Old 09-05-2003, 07:44 PM   #80
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

looks good i must try em...i have yet to mess around with the sliders cuz i lost a few games during a season..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »