Home

Wow... Just... Wow

This is a discussion on Wow... Just... Wow within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2003, 04:04 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1
Re: Wow... Just... Wow

Quote:

purpleclad said:

I'm not saying the younger guys don't appreciate the games, but after reading all of the past posts of "Oldtimers" I think we truley appreciate the efforts and the great strides that the industry has made since that first time that we picked up a controller.

The youngsters appreciate it, but they simply can't appreciate it to the degree of those who have been continuously gaming since gaming's inception. That's just a fact.

Oh, and you mean since we first picked up a JOYSTICK don't you. LOL!!! And remember, tecmo bowl actually had players of different skin tones!
Old 09-03-2003, 04:09 PM   #34
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

Man, and I thought I was too old at 30. Luckily, my wife is cool about it...she sat down and watched all of my ESPN playtime so far, and commented about how much better it was than *game shall remain nameless here for legal reasons*. I agreed, but it was just unreal.

Welcome to the boards you old farts.
Old 09-03-2003, 04:10 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

My all time favorite Video Sports Games:

Baseball: Baseball Stars
Hockey: Genesis Hockey (I forgot the year)
Basketball: Lakers vs Celtics (Second would be Double Dribble)
Football: Temco Bowl
Boxing: Mike Tyson's Punchout

lol...i agree with every game you put up there.

baseball stars was the best. starting off with all 'high potential' rookies and then building them as you went was the only way to build a team.

i think the genesis hockey you're thinking of is nhl '94. if you are a genesis hockey fan, you should watch the movie 'swingers' with vince vaughn just for the scene where one guy starts a fight with another because the first guy made wayne gretzky's head bleed. classic.

for basketball, i would have to go with double dribble. i always played as the boston team, the one that could drain the threes.

football is a no brainer: tecmo bowl is the king. bo was the man of course but randall cunningham was my guy.

you left the best for last. mike tyson's punchout. my most memorable gaming moment was knocking tyson out for the first time. i was so friggin' happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2003, 04:12 PM   #36
MVP

RahKhem's Arena

OVR: 11

Wow I feel like an infant now. Here I am thinking I'm speaking with my collegiate peers, and I'm here talking with grown men, some more than twice my age. Funny how stuff works out. By the way, I'm 17.
Old 09-03-2003, 04:13 PM   #37
Rookie

I have a videogame DREAM!!!

That one day our wives (or significant others) will no longer look at our videogame hobby as childish toy that their partners can't overcome but as a tool to express knowledge and skill.

And that we, as grown adults, can walk into a mall and proudly display our gaming store bags that our latest game is in. (Cause', I'll admitt it, I hide mine.)
Old 09-03-2003, 04:16 PM   #38
Rookie

its funny I log onto OS, goto the forums (which I am a lurker myself) and find this subject. Just got the game, just popped it in, and as a 29yr old, have exaclty those feelings expressed in the original post. I can't even focus I'm in so much awe..all 'giddie' inside..

Great Post!!! Glad I'm not the only one..and not the only GROWN MAN to be feeling this way about a game haha..

See ya on-line

MidniteMarauder
Old 09-03-2003, 04:16 PM   #39
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

You keep the bag? I wear my "large pocket pants", and immediately dump the bag, stuff the receipt in one pocket, and that bigass DVD case in the other. Nothing screams "geek" like a lime green DVD case that could only be for one thing.
Old 09-03-2003, 04:18 PM   #40
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

Clay_OS said:
You've found a home here then. You're amongst the goons that use to keep season stats in a spiral notebook.

I'm also 'two score and change'..lol...this is the coolest thread I've seen...didn't realize that there were so many of us 'old school' guys around these parts...

I'm an old Strat-O-Matic guy...got a PS2 a couple of long winters ago..

I'm pretty picky about my games now...

Nothing is 'sim' enough for me (at times)...

but it appears as though SEGA will be hookin' me up...

Loved the hoops series (2k3 etc.)...

Used to love Madden...

But EA seems to show no love for us 'sim freak' with spiral notebooks (legal pads for me actually)...

We should start an old timers league...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »