Home

For those of you who bought madden (and actually liked the game). . .

This is a discussion on For those of you who bought madden (and actually liked the game). . . within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2003, 10:10 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
For those of you who bought madden (and actually liked the game). . .

what are you thinking now? Let me tell you where I'm at--I actually really enjoy madden, i've finally gotten some good sliders, and i'm real excited to use my draft classes in my franchise (big, big reason to stick with madden, imo).

however, having said that, i can't deny that all of these incredible reviews about espn make me want to go out and get this game ASAP. i can't decide what i want to do, so i need some advice from people who have played both.

i guess my basic questions are--is espn good enough that it makes up for not being able to use my ncaa draft classes, and for those people who were fans of madden this year but still went out and got espn because of the glowing reviews, are you happy with your purchase so far? thanks in advance for the advice, i'm real close to getting espn but i want to make sure it's worth giving up madden for.

brian

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2003, 10:15 PM   #2
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: For those of you who bought madden (and actually liked the game). . .

Quote:

brezz2001 said:
what are you thinking now? Let me tell you where I'm at--I actually really enjoy madden, i've finally gotten some good sliders, and i'm real excited to use my draft classes in my franchise (big, big reason to stick with madden, imo).

however, having said that, i can't deny that all of these incredible reviews about espn make me want to go out and get this game ASAP. i can't decide what i want to do, so i need some advice from people who have played both.

i guess my basic questions are--is espn good enough that it makes up for not being able to use my ncaa draft classes, and for those people who were fans of madden this year but still went out and got espn because of the glowing reviews, are you happy with your purchase so far? thanks in advance for the advice, i'm real close to getting espn but i want to make sure it's worth giving up madden for.

brian

you can make your own draft classes... you are wasting time my boy
Old 09-03-2003, 10:16 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

I LOVE Madden and NCAA. That said I just got ESPN and it blew mw away. Living the best of both worlds thanks to EB . Get all 3 you can't go wrong!
Old 09-03-2003, 10:21 PM   #4
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

i liked madden a lot and there are good things with both games. but this espn out of the box plays so much better than madden out of the box. i spent half my time adjusting sliders. since you haveing played a 2K game yet, it will take you some getting used to but it will be worth it.
Old 09-03-2003, 10:22 PM   #5
Pro

rastak's Arena

OVR: 5

For me, Madden and Owner mode for simming, ESPN for playing, and NCAA for having the best time of all. Although ESPN is a close second in my opinion. Last year I felt Madden and NFL2k3 were far behind NCAA but ESPN is pretty damn cool. The complete package. It's not perfect but then again neither is NCAA (although close!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2003, 08:41 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

thanks for the tips, i'm probably going to pick this up in the next few days. any other feedback?

brian
Old 09-04-2003, 09:27 AM   #7
Rookie

breathofj's Arena

OVR: 3

I've always loved the NCAA because it's college football, and I freaking LOVE college football. That being said, NCAA has so many problems that I sometimes want to throw my controller out the window. Bad blocking, Mario running...these are things that should be fixed by now. I still love to play it because UGA can be found no where else, but DAMN it would be nice if Sega would make a solid college game.

ESPN is incredible from top to bottom. It's the most fun I've had playing a football game in a very very long time. Amazing stuff, and the presentation is absolutely unbelievable. I love the Crib, except my ugly *** couches

If I were you, I would run to the store and grab it. It's the most complete football game ever made in my opinion, and none of it feels "computer-determined" if you know what I mean.

out
Old 09-04-2003, 09:40 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

I enjoy both NCAA and Madden2004. Each have some great things and fustrating things, but I play them every chance I get. In both, I love some aspects of the gameplay.

That being said, ESPN just has a WOW factor to the gameplay that EA can't touch. I am sure problems will arise, but it has been great so far and I am much more excited about playing it than I was when I first got either of the other two. ESPN just seems to do a better job of recreating football on the field than EA does, by a significant margin in my opinion. It may take some time to get used to since their is less momentum, but I am really impressed by it and will be spending most of my time playing it as opposed to EA's offerings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »