Home

Why the hell can I not change my home colors to away colors?!?!

This is a discussion on Why the hell can I not change my home colors to away colors?!?! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2003, 11:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Why the hell can I not change my home colors to away colors?!?!

Love the game but why in heck does VC refuse to allow us gamers to choose exactly what colors we wish to use? The Dolphins NEVER ware their solid colors at home unless it is cold, or night game... But im loving the fact that im FORCED to use their solid colors because even if I choose ALT colors (All white... looks nice) The away team will also wear their away colors... Im not trying to be nit-picky but nothing looks more OFF than two teams in white jerseys....

HUMBUG
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2003, 10:44 AM   #2
b**-r*y

tehova's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Why the hell can I not change my home colors to away colors?!?!

can't you move the controller...........ughh never mind, if its a franchise game i'm assuming you can't but in exhibition you can change the other teams uniforms also...I think if not, i tried.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:14 AM   #3
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

yup..sux..but minor oversight in the grand scheme.

In Exhibition you can at least BE the visitor (in all white)while the home team is in dark and then change the venue to Miami, but then the crowd roots for the other guy I believe.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:28 PM   #4
MVP

Chrono's Arena

OVR: 8

As a Dolphins fan I noticed this too... but I agree it's just a very minor oversight. I was hoping the visiting team would default to their dark jersey in franchise if you wear white but oh well.

You can sometimes fix this in exhibition games if the visiting team has a dark alternate jersey. Then you can choose that for the visitor and use the fins all white uniform. At least they have a LOT of jerseys to choose from which is a step up from last year.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:30 PM   #5
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

I thought you could move the controller now? I could swear I had to pick my controller assignment. Never tried moving it over to the other team, though. Maybe it won't allow you...?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2003, 12:33 PM   #6
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

Chrono said:
I was hoping the visiting team would default to their dark jersey in franchise if you wear white but oh well.

It does that with the Cowboys as they are programmed for white at home...the Phins however default to teal...which in truth is only for night games.

Their day games are always all white.

I didn't see an alternate dark jersey for other teams come up (even if they have one) whenever I picked Phins all white at home.

i'll check again.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:37 PM   #7
MVP

Chrono's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

Klocker2 said:
I didn't see an alternate dark jersey for other teams come up (even if they have one) whenever I picked Phins all white at home.

i'll check again.

Well it only works in exhibition, since in franchise you can't select the oposing team. Also I have no idea how many teams actually have a dark colored alternate uniform. All I know for sure is some do and some don't!
Old 09-04-2003, 12:39 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

TCrouch said:
I thought you could move the controller now? I could swear I had to pick my controller assignment. Never tried moving it over to the other team, though. Maybe it won't allow you...?

Nope, it'll only let you move it to the middle in franchise, so you can't pick the other teams' unis. I'm just playing a 32 team franchise and letting the CPU make all the decisions for everyone else(with firings off) to get around that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »