Home

ESPN is Quite POSSIBLY the GREATEST!!!!

This is a discussion on ESPN is Quite POSSIBLY the GREATEST!!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2003, 08:22 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
ESPN is Quite POSSIBLY the GREATEST!!!!

32 years old....
I LOVE sports games. I love NCAA football. I played it everyday and got used to beating teams by 40 - 60. That was the college experience, super!

ESPN is the GREATEST FOOTBALL GAME EVER!! The graphics are BAR none the best. The shadows over the stadiums and clouds and blimps are unreal. They cast shadows on the field and players seamlessly!! The players look crisp and detailed. They are not cartoonish or sloppy...

I started a few games, adjusted the difficulty to satisfactory and got on my way. It was great, but then I started a season with Atlanta against Dallas and I realized how much I didn't care if my running back ran for 200 yds or my quarterback threw for 300 yds. I just wanted to outlast Dallas and win. I just want all my players to do their small roles!! I punted often. The score was 17 -14 and I scored the last touchdown with a minute left with a run back kick-off!!

In a nutshell MADDEN FANS NEED TO GET THIS GAME!!! Not because it is better that Madden ( they are different games ), but because it is IMO the Ultimate Football Simulation and All football fans deserve the experience!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2003, 08:23 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: ESPN is Quite POSSIBLY the GREATEST!!!!

yep, I'm 32. ESPN has passed NCAA 2003/2004 as my all time favorite.
Old 09-04-2003, 10:13 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

So many details! The highly detailed fans in the statium, the extra running charge when getting tackled, getting hit and plowing BACKWARDS to get more yards, plowing into the back of blockers to get more yards... Shadows on uniforms with casting sun....

Also, you become comfortable with losing to a BETTER team... IT's CRAZY!!
Old 09-04-2003, 10:15 AM   #4
Pro

Chodite24's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

1234 said:
In a nutshell MADDEN FANS NEED TO GET THIS GAME!!! Not because it is better that Madden ( they are different games ), but because it is IMO the Ultimate Football Simulation and All football fans deserve the experience!!!!

THIS is what I need to tell my "Madden-til-I-die" friends.
Old 09-04-2003, 10:22 AM   #5
All Star

Holic's Arena

OVR: 31

I'm with you guys, I couldn't stop playing this game last night. I even played a game before work this morning. My wife thought I was crazy because I've never done that before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2003, 10:25 AM   #6
Rookie

breathofj's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm right there with you man. And being that I'm in Atlanta as well....I was also playing with the Falcons.

Too bad I'm sucking it up for Vick....giving him a QB rating of 46 and throwing interceptions like they're going out of style

out
Old 09-04-2003, 10:39 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

yeah I'm 28 and the last time I had my jaw this wide open was when I got the first tecmo bowl game for the nes. 8 teams, Bo Jackson, hell ya. I remember DE Bill Pickel, anyone remember him, intercepted a pass and returned it 90+ yards for a touchdown in my first tecmo game. That weekend, the real Bill Pickel actually did the same thing! I was hooked. I'm so excited to go home and play the game.
Old 09-04-2003, 10:41 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Quote:

1234 said:
So many details! The highly detailed fans in the statium, the extra running charge when getting tackled, getting hit and plowing BACKWARDS to get more yards, plowing into the back of blockers to get more yards... Shadows on uniforms with casting sun....

Also, you become comfortable with losing to a BETTER team... IT's CRAZY!!

Yes, that is the sickest, and the most true. Losing never looked or felt so good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »