Home

Recovering after an almost tackle

This is a discussion on Recovering after an almost tackle within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2003, 10:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Recovering after an almost tackle

In 2K3 I'd get miffed at it when a defender got just a piece of me and other than that I have open field. So the defender gets a piece of me but I break out of it but it would take my guy what always seemed like an eternity to be able to move and I always get tackled by another guy after because he has like 2 seconds to get over to me because it would take so long for me to get going again.

Is this a little quicker in 2K4? or is it about the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2003, 10:37 AM   #2
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Recovering after an almost tackle

It's a bit quicker, but you can't expect everybody to be so nimble on their feet that they'll instantaneously correct their balance. That's why Barry Sanders was special.

However, I have seen a lot of stumbling tackle breaks that I was able to continue on.

The one thing I'm amazed at is how VC managed to COMBINE animations this year. I got shoestringed by one tackler, and I was stumbling...a second player flew by, grabbed a shoulder pad...and the FIRST animation continued (stumbling), except now I was spinning at the same time. Then a third bastich came in and chopped my legs, causing a spinning, stumbling, faceplant (complete with turf kicked up into the air).

I am in pure awe.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:04 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Recovering after an almost tackle

Sounds sweet!

Yeah I know they shouldn't be able to instantly break out and burn at top speed speed but in 2K3 is did seem that it was too long - hopefully some of it corresponds to who you have and how he gets hit.

I just always seemed to be staring a 40 yard run in the face but had a guy just nip me and then lineman come over and tackle me when I should have had a little stutter and been off to the races.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »