Home

The proof is in the pudding baby, OS boards kick %#$ AGAIN!

This is a discussion on The proof is in the pudding baby, OS boards kick %#$ AGAIN! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2003, 12:42 PM   #1
*S r*s*d*nt s*ck *xp*rt

ps2baseball's Arena

OVR: 10
The proof is in the pudding baby, OS boards kick %#$ AGAIN!

I was introduced to WS2K3 b/c of this place, and to me it was HANDS DOWN the best.

I was then persuaded into ESPN for the first time, like Graphik, after being a huge EA guy.

I will say this. EAs product is blah-zay IMO, b/c they focus on franchise modes and mascot games too much. Triple play became a joke.

Why is ESPN better?

Gameplay. Straight 'n' Simple.

In Madden you NEED the sliders, but ONLINE PLAY SUX b./c you can't use the sliders.

In ESPN, you don't need the sliders at all. And the future of gaming is online play, not hot dog prices and stadium constuction. If you want that, become and frickin arcitect.

Sega and ESPN ARE the future of sports gaming. If they can beef up a hockey and NCAA product, they will be unstoppable.

Just check out the boards. EVERYTHING here is positive. Madden's board is full of question and complaints.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2003, 12:45 PM   #2
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: The proof is in the pudding baby, OS boards kick %#$ AGAIN!

My thought?

Why can't you just say "wow I enjoy ESPN, thanks guys!"...

Instead of having to say "EA's Product sux". Now a lock on this thread is inevitable. It's only a matter of time.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:53 PM   #3
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Nice to see you joined me Ps2, I hope they got all your unis correct.

Quote:

Just check out the boards. EVERYTHING here is positive. Madden's board is full of question and complaints.

I thought the same thing. Opening day for MAdden was full of complaints and rants and still is. Almost 90+# of the post here are all positive. A few bugs here and there and a few rants. A actually thought this forum was gonna look the same as Madden. Not even close.

Bottom line is EA has some serious work to do. I've already ditched thier Hockey, Basketball, and Baseball titles, now football.

Now I understand why so many so called 2kers were so eager to hype this game to every individual in the planet. You just wanna spread the wealth. I'm gonna attempt to get my guy to play this game and show him a diffrent meaning of life.

And to think, I defended Madden all those times for nothing. Just to up and leave her.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:56 PM   #4
MVP

Kodiak33's Arena

OVR: 8

Thats pretty cool that you guys like ESPN alot. I'm still trying to get my friends to play it but I just got it yesterday. I remember you both defending Madden pretty well, at least you guys gave it a chance!
Old 09-04-2003, 01:03 PM   #5
*S r*s*d*nt s*ck *xp*rt

ps2baseball's Arena

OVR: 10

thatis my problem

i convinced 10 guys to get online

then they all, like me, owned madden for the 15th year

now i have to convince

so far i have used "you like 2k3 better than Live" and "how much fun was WS2k3, especially head to head"

Just like "there's something about mary", "there's something about madden"

well, the only "boom"s, "whack"s and "where'd that truck come from"s I'll be hearing this year will be on MNF for real

YA HEAAAAAAAAAAAAARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2003, 01:10 PM   #6
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

I've always said that I'm getting both. And in my mind it was like, may the best game win. Since Madden was released 3 weeks ago, I felt that ESPN had to really impress me if they want me to play it. And for me, I did'nt watch to many videos and I really never payed attention to football fridays. Cause I did'nt wanna set this game up for disappointment. So I played it cool and waited till release and after poping it in I was in awe, I was literatly speechless for about the first 5 minutes of play.

After going through everything and seeing that ESPN had all this dialog, all these songs, and all these audio files as a whole fitted on one disk along with all those graphics and animations, I thought what in the hell is EA doing? You mean 20 songs and 1 complete game full of commentary was all they were able to fit on that disk compared to over 30 songs unlocked so far, tons of speech from Berman and all of that commentary. I'm not gonna lie, but I really feel that EA jerked me.

I know for a fact that EA better have something up they're sleeves next year or they might not ever here from me again.
Old 09-04-2003, 01:40 PM   #7
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

at first i thought this thread would be locked, but now it is really interesting. i too, noticed the difference of complaints to positive in the first day boards.

when i first read the madden boards all the complaints made me think that they had improved the difficulty (which they did) and the game was better. so i tried it. it was a lot better than previous maddens. i liked it and felt just a little tweaking would make it work. but it took a lot of tweaking and i started to think the complaints were legitmate. but i was going to keep the best of the two games.

well after my first game of FPM i was going crazy. 3 hours later it was "Madden, who?". dont get me wrong, i loved the owner mode even though i thought i wouldnt and there were parts of the gameplay that were outstanding. but ping-pong physics and questionable AI really irritate after 30+ hours.

madden will still reign as king in the minds of the masses this year, but they need to overhaul thier game soon or there will be a changing of the gaurd.

p.s. my madden went on ebay today. i am using the money to try ncaa 2004 instead.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »