Home

NFL2k4: lordvader's Official Review

This is a discussion on NFL2k4: lordvader's Official Review within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2003, 05:16 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: NFL2k4: lordvader\'s Official Review

my opinion, but the play calling is much better than previous versions.
Old 09-04-2003, 05:25 PM   #10
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Good Review. How about your takes on the gameplay overall though(running, passing, playing D, A.I., etc)?
Old 09-04-2003, 05:39 PM   #11
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

Boilerbuzz said:
Quote:

lordvader said:
• Play Calling Menu
For those who like the quick play calling and ease of use that the NFL2k series has bestowed on us over the past 4 years, NFL2k4 marks a dark day indeed. The new play calling system has taken a HUGE leap backwards in the way of innovation, quickness and gamer-friendly design. What used to take us only a couple seconds to locate and call as our play, now takes an eternity staring at the controller, then back at the screen over and over again just to find our play. Not to mention the fact that this 'new' way of play calling forces you to flip through a multitude of pages you were not going to use anyway (1st and 10 — Punt Page, Kick Page, etc.) for the play at hand. Hopefully, Sega will realize after a few hundred complaints from the NFL2k Faithful, this old, tired and highly un-effective method of play calling should be abandoned in favor of our OTFPC aim-n-shoot style of play calling. Big miss here.

Good review. I LOVED the old system, but the reasons they changed are valid so I accept the change. You should too unless you have some ideas on how to change the play calling so that you get what they fixed and what you want. If I can call a play naturally without worry about "peeker", then I'm happy.

I think the only way they could have done this is have a maximum of 3-4 plays displayed in the old 2k format(possibly more if you include the clicking in of the analog stick as a part of the selection process). You would then have icons displayed above each navigational point in the playcalling menu(ex:a,b,white,black,etc.). This would allow people to be looking at maybe play "white" but hit the "a" button to select that play instead.

I was effective in using the bluff mode last year, but this may have been a way of conforming to Madden fans while keeping their own identity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2003, 05:48 PM   #12
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Yeah, I didn't read that entire thing but there is an option you can turn on to "zoom out on pass plays" which gives you a better view of the wide recievers.

If that doesn't work you can define any angle you want and play with the custom cam.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »