Home

I think Gamespot summed it up the best.

This is a discussion on I think Gamespot summed it up the best. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2003, 09:47 PM   #17
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: I think Gamespot summed it up the best.

The demo is not even close. Truly. The gameplay of the finished product is like no other game you've played.

I'd ask you to sit down and try ESPN Football and truly play some games. Not one or two, but 9 or 10. Start to see the subtle things that can't be described, like when the guys push each other after the play, or how the announcers actually notice and seem to understand trends, or the way the players move and feel more naturally.

The NFL2k series, now the ESPN series, will suck you in and make you feel like you're on the field with the players. Like the game's part of you.

I'm a former Maddenite, but never again now. In fact, I even bought this year's Madden game and was so disgusted that it was the same game as years ago, that I kept it just to trade it in and see the EB guy's face.

Try ESPN, give it a fair chance, and see what you think.

Gameplay-wise, ESPN is the winner, hands-down.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:48 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Can someone tell me what score Gamespot gave ESPN? I'm at school and theres a block on that site
Old 09-04-2003, 09:50 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

I own both Madden and ESPN.

The offensive and defensive schemes in ESPN are light years ahead of Madden, which makes the games far more realistic.

Owner mode is nice in Madden, but there is no challenge to it.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:53 PM   #20
Rookie

Pyro's Arena

gamespot gave it a 9.3
Old 09-05-2003, 12:24 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Madden more realistic?? WHAT? Madden is the game where me and the computer (on All-Madden mode) each have at least 3 65 + yard touchdowns a game. Where, if you are near the goal-line, if you can an I-formation and call a pass play, the computer will call a pass-defense, but if you call a Shotgun formation with 4 WR and a running play, the computer calls goal-line defense. Where you can use the single-back, 3 WR set, and throw three passes in a row, and the computer will line up accordingly each time, but on the forth if you call a run, they are crowding the line. It might make it a little more difficult, but it's no fun when the computer annouces to you game after game that they know what plays you are calling. It's just not realistic and it takes all the fun out of the game. There are about 437 thousand more reasons why madden is nowhere near realistic, but this isn't the time nor the place.... I've been a madden fan for a long time, until this year. I've played one full season on franchise mode and i can't stand the stale- same ol' gameplay anymore. Every game feels the same, I don't feel like I really have any control over the outcome, and I'm officially switching over to ESPN from this day on. It's almost everything I've been looking for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2003, 12:42 AM   #22
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

shane said:
Madden more realistic?? WHAT?

I read the review to say that Madden was more realistic....ONLY related to OFF the field sim factors (like owners mode).

Quote:

Gamespot said:
That said, if you're a fan of the off-the-field options and gameplay modes found in Madden, you might find that ESPN's franchise mode, and other options, come up a bit short on the simulation side of things.

BUT....ESPN is
Quote:

Gamespot said:
In the end, ESPN NFL Football is truly the best playing football game available for the PlayStation 2 and Xbox. The responsive controls and gameplay mechanics are better than any other NFL football game available.

Old 09-05-2003, 01:15 AM   #23
Rookie

I'm more of baseball guy but do understand a lot of the intracacies of football. I just think ESPN gives me more control which in turn feels more realistic. I still love Madden but I find very frustating at times. For example, when I play ESPN I start losing badly and still have fun because I know that the only reason they scored was because I blew the coverage. In Madden it feels like the CPU can do whatever it wants to in order to score regardless of the D I thow on them.

Just my two cents
Old 09-05-2003, 01:19 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:

caliph79 said:
I'm more of baseball guy but do understand a lot of the intracacies of football. I just think ESPN gives me more control which in turn feels more realistic. I still love Madden but I find very frustating at times. For example, when I play ESPN I start losing badly and still have fun because I know that the only reason they scored was because I blew the coverage. In Madden it feels like the CPU can do whatever it wants to in order to score regardless of the D I thow on them.

Just my two cents

Good post... the best I've heard so far in this thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »