Home

Wow I am surprised at myself this year...

This is a discussion on Wow I am surprised at myself this year... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2003, 07:16 AM   #1
Rookie

Shredder's Arena

OVR: 4
Wow I am surprised at myself this year...

......I think I like Madden better than the 2K series this year. That hasn't been the case for....I dunno..3 years or so? Maybe it's because I simply have been playing Madden for weeks now and am used to it. Don't get me wrong I do really love the slick presentation of ESPN, but initial "feel" has me leaning toward Madden's gameplay. It's like they sped up Madden and slowed down the 2K series. It's only been a couple of days so I need to give ESPN a full going over to make a complete analysis. But so far I am indeed surprised. Oh and I wish ESPN and NCAA would find a way to incorporate in game saves. That is such a valuable feature to this father of two screaming (sometimes LOL) babies. Anyway Hi!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2003, 07:21 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Wow I am surprised at myself this year...

It takes a few days to get a feel for the game. After playing Madden, ESPN will feel strange at first.
Old 09-05-2003, 07:31 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

Are you playing with fast game speed?
Old 09-05-2003, 07:44 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Hey Shred,I'm surprised you weren't blown away by this game.I think it is much superior to both EA's titles, particularly Madden. It's like all the 2K's before it were combined to make one "freak" game. Take the graphics and "feel" of the power charge or the control of "Maximum Passing" or the tight spin and rip moves.I complained a day before about how 2K3 was overrated, about how it was too loose gameplay wise. I stand by those comments but I have to add that I've never seen a sports game of any kind show the one year improvement this game has. Based on gameplay and presentation(great manual replays too-perfect angle) this game is a masterpiece.
Old 09-05-2003, 08:13 AM   #5
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

I don't think it's better than NCAA, but it's tough to compare a NCAA game and a NFL game. ESPN will take some getting used to though, I need a week or so to get the touch down on maximum passing, but I can see it'll be a great tool for me to use
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2003, 08:19 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

i completely understand where you are coming from. there is so much i like about espn, but for some reason madden just feels better when I'm playing it. i'm sure it's because i don't have enough experience yet with espn, so i'm going to give espn all the benefit of the doubt for now.

brian
Old 09-05-2003, 08:23 AM   #7
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Quote:

Shredder said:
......I think I like Madden better than the 2K series this year. That hasn't been the case for....I dunno..3 years or so? Maybe it's because I simply have been playing Madden for weeks now and am used to it. Don't get me wrong I do really love the slick presentation of ESPN, but initial "feel" has me leaning toward Madden's gameplay. It's like they sped up Madden and slowed down the 2K series. It's only been a couple of days so I need to give ESPN a full going over to make a complete analysis. But so far I am indeed surprised. Oh and I wish ESPN and NCAA would find a way to incorporate in game saves. That is such a valuable feature to this father of two screaming (sometimes LOL) babies. Anyway Hi!!!

Hehe, that cracks me up that we basically disagree on the games every year.

I like ESPN better than Madden this year. I think Madden is a little to easy and has too many money plays etc. Isn't there a way to boost the game speed in ESPN? I thought I remember a post somewhere that stated there is an option somewhere.

At any rate the games saves would be totally sweet, I look forward to that in next years' game.
Old 09-05-2003, 08:26 AM   #8
bad1550

OVR:

Quote:

mgoblue said:
I don't think it's better than NCAA, but it's tough to compare a NCAA game and a NFL game. ESPN will take some getting used to though, I need a week or so to get the touch down on maximum passing, but I can see it'll be a great tool for me to use

Can you please explain the difference between Maximum Passing and regular passing?

Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »