Home

Too many INTS?

This is a discussion on Too many INTS? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 09:33 AM   #1
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22
Too many INTS?

I have played 3 games with the Rams and i have 11 Ints.
I play on all-pro settings and have also returned 5 ints for tds! Is it just me or are others having unrealistic ints? It also seems to me once you pick a pass off and are in the open field it is too easy to out run/juke defenders and score a td. Any suggestions to get less ints without ruining other aspects of the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2003, 09:35 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Too many INTS?

I kinda like the idea that a CB who gets an INT in the open cant be caught. Madden is exactly the same way.
Old 09-05-2003, 09:40 AM   #3
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

I haven't had a problem of getting too many interceptions. For me, the balance of throwing/catching interceptions is about perfect. I think that if you're in the open field, it's very exciting, just like the NFL. I can make some good returns, but if I catch a pick on an out route, it goes to the house.
Old 09-05-2003, 09:49 AM   #4
MVP

jujuhound's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

jake44np said:
I have played 3 games with the Rams and i have 11 Ints.
I play on all-pro settings and have also returned 5 ints for tds! Is it just me or are others having unrealistic ints? It also seems to me once you pick a pass off and are in the open field it is too easy to out run/juke defenders and score a td. Any suggestions to get less ints without ruining other aspects of the game?

This is strange, I've had the exact opposite problem. I'm the Eagles, who have a great secondary and I can't buy an INT. I've also thrown countless dumb passes with McNabb that should have been picked but have only thrown one INT in two 9 min quarter games. I'm playing on AllPro with both human and CPU coverage boosted a couple of notches.
Old 09-05-2003, 09:50 AM   #5
P*ng

OVR: 10

i was hrowing way too many INT's early on also.....then i noticed a little something...if i read the coverages and stop trying to throw to a particular receiver when he's double-covered, those numbers drop dramatically....plus, theres always SOMEBODY open, and you can always throw the ball away too.....i guess what im trying to say is, there arent too many, it seems right on to me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2003, 09:52 AM   #6
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

slugox said:
i was hrowing way too many INT's early on also.....then i noticed a little something...if i read the coverages and stop trying to throw to a particular receiver when he's double-covered, those numbers drop dramatically....plus, theres always SOMEBODY open, and you can always throw the ball away too.....i guess what im trying to say is, there arent too many, it seems right on to me

I am not throwing too many i am getting too many ints.
Old 09-05-2003, 09:53 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

This game requires a lot of coverage reading ability. You can't just throw to anyone at any time.

Try to throw on a good DB on a passing down and you are hosed.

Just keep working at it.

Trust me, when you want some BS INT's, go play this year's MAdden. You can have around 10 a game. That, and the huge number of fumbles is why I returned mine.
Old 09-05-2003, 09:55 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Sliders, motherf*cker.

Do you use them?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »