Home

Maximum Passing.

This is a discussion on Maximum Passing. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2003, 11:18 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Maximum Passing.

I've never used it before so I have a few questions, ...

If I am understanding correctly, you use the Left analog stick to lead the reciever? If that is correct, is there suppose to be a target or something indicating how far you are leading him (ie fever RnL)?

Also, can you lead him in any direction...ie, throw to the left or right or even behind the WR?

And finally, is "setting your feet" still important for your QB with Max Pass? How can you set your feet if you have to use the same analog stick for maximum passing?

Thanks to anybody that helps.....I was always curious about this mode, but I never tried it.

Is Maximum passing better than the standard in your opinion?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2003, 11:24 AM   #2
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Maximum Passing.

Max passing was the standard to me, but judging from the tutorials, it's not nearly as important as it has been in recent years. The tutorial says to move the stick AFTER you hit the receiver button, so I guess that's to leave the QB's feet set. However, no matter how far I mash the stick over, it seems to have little effect on the throw.

However, if I leave my feet set, the ball gets where I want it to go, so I've been rarely touching Max Passing lately. With a good read and good timing, you don't need to improvise as much.

So for me, I could go either way. There might be 1 or 2 plays a game that I wish I understood max passing more this season, but for the other 58, I could care less. A good read will take you a lot further down the field than a ball thrown 3 feet further one direction or another.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »