Home

Describe the game in one word.

This is a discussion on Describe the game in one word. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2003, 04:09 AM   #33
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Describe the game in one word.

Quote:

DouglasMcc said:
Coaster

How about "Frisbee" or "Saucer" or "Waste"? You can do better than Coaster. I KNOW you can.
Old 09-06-2003, 04:17 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

Actually coaster is perfect. It describes the thrill of opening the game and then starting to play. The game keeps going up and up as you see amazing animations and such. Then you feel like hurling as you plummet to Earth when the dumb (insert derogatory slang for butt here) AI refuses to try to beat you at the end of the game. Yeah, coaster is the perfect one word description.
Old 09-06-2003, 04:29 AM   #35
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

DouglasMcc said:
Actually coaster is perfect. It describes the thrill of opening the game and then starting to play. The game keeps going up and up as you see amazing animations and such. Then you feel like hurling as you plummet to Earth when the dumb (insert derogatory slang for butt here) AI refuses to try to beat you at the end of the game. Yeah, coaster is the perfect one word description.

http://forums.operationsports.com/ub...b=5&o=&fpart=1

Man there should be a flawfinders.com

Some Guys try so hard I think they need their own site.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2003, 04:35 AM   #36
Rookie

You want to insult me so be it (heck, I probably deserve it). But Bill Harris has being working in this industry ... probably longer than you have been alive. He has forgotten more about sports games than you will ever know. I take what he says as gospel (also helps that I had something similar happen... I was hoping it was a one time thing). Its okay to like something. But when you attack someone for pointing out glitches... well, that speaks volumes in and of itself.
Old 09-06-2003, 04:46 AM   #37
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

DouglasMcc said:
You want to insult me so be it (heck, I probably deserve it). But Bill Harris has being working in this industry ... probably longer than you have been alive. He has forgotten more about sports games than you will ever know. I take what he says as gospel (also helps that I had something similar happen... I was hoping it was a one time thing). Its okay to like something. But when you attack someone for pointing out glitches... well, that speaks volumes in and of itself.

OH COME ON!!! He's doing MUCH more than "pointing out" glitches! That's some pretty good hate going on there. And from you as well. But, we've seen that this is a good thing.

Yes, I said a good thing. I strongly believe that the more people gripe about the VC games, the better the games get. Now if we can just get away with doing this to Madden...

Oh that reminds me; what was his take on the NCAA draft import crash? Got a link for that? His articles are pretty entertaining.
Old 09-06-2003, 04:52 AM   #38
Rookie

I have grown tired of Madden (probably due to the massive amounts of NCAA I played this year) so I will not be purchasing it. But since you brought up the draft glitch.... I seem to remember EA offering replacement discs. Could you link me to the VC site to order a replacement disc for ESPN Football... you know, one with 720P that I can use my 5.1 audio system online, oh and one that will try to beat me.... Guess not.

P.S. Critize Madden til the cows come home. Im sure there are glitches there too. But ignoring the ones in your "pet" game does nothing but tell VC it has idiots for customers (and this comment is aimed at you not this board as a whole).
Old 09-06-2003, 05:05 AM   #39
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

DouglasMcc said:

Nobody is attacking you so don't flatter yourself.

Its just that some guys feel the need to seek out flaws. If they're so committed to this...why didn't they test the game while it was in development? If your lord and savior, Bill, has been in the industry for so long...surely he could get hired as professional tester.

Man, Some guys try to act like they're "discovering" glitches/bugs/flaws to help but if they were really trying to help then the'd get on the developers team or whatever and test the game before its complete.

I mean if these dudes are so hellbent on finding so-called gamebreakers then why haven't they committed themselves to preventing them for the benefit of all gamers instead of seeking them out AFTER the game has been released.

You claim to hold this Bill (another Bill) in such high regard but yet it seems he's made it his duty to make you second guess your purchase and ultimately lose enjoyment of your game...thus hurting your gaming experience.

Thats what it appears is unfolding here, folks. ALL the excitement generated by ESPNFL prior to its release has spawned a legion of "Flawseekers"...guys who simply could not wait to get a crack at ESPNFL so they could analyze the AI and unearth so-called game killing defeciencies and defects just so they could announce it and sound smart. That is Truely Sad. Other games have fallen victim to same ish...Madden nd Fever included.

Instead of being committed to a much more constructive cause and being a tester for th game while in development and puting their 'compulsively analytical" enegeries to good use in seeing these bugs don't make it into the final versions, these bastards sit back and wait for the game to hit stores to reveal bugs.

And you worship this guy? You hold his word as the gospel? That speaks volumes about YOU, my friend.

and good gaming (hopefully)
Old 09-06-2003, 05:24 AM   #40
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Back ON-topic

ADDICTIVE

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »