Home

Here's an EASY TACKLING tip ...

This is a discussion on Here's an EASY TACKLING tip ... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2003, 10:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Here\'s an EASY TACKLING tip ...

For some of you nfl 2k veterans, this may not be so new but for new players and Madden ballers this may help:

When making contact with the ball carrier press and HOLD the X (tackle) button this simulates wrapping and holding your arms around him, especially when you hit 'em up high and will increase your chances of dragging him down even if he carries you a few yards. Simply pressing or just tapping the X button will increase your chances of him breaking or slipping away from your grasp.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2003, 11:26 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Here\'s an EASY TACKLING tip ...

Quote:

RicoLaguna said:
For some of you nfl 2k veterans, this may not be so new but for new players and Madden ballers this may help:

When making contact with the ball carrier press and HOLD the X (tackle) button this simulates wrapping and holding your arms around him, especially when you hit 'em up high and will increase your chances of dragging him down even if he carries you a few yards. Simply pressing or just tapping the X button will increase your chances of him breaking or slipping away from your grasp.

I've seen this animation, but didnt know thats how u did it

thanks.
Old 09-06-2003, 12:35 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

You're talking about the speed burst, right?

I must admit, I'm still trying to adjust to not having the superman dives (I'm glad they're gone though). I'm getting better at taking the right angles and zeroing in on the ballcarrier, but my problem is that I'll go so fast that I'll literally run by the ballcarrier on accident instead of running INTO him. Yes, I suck.
Old 09-06-2003, 07:21 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

Triton said:
You're talking about the speed burst, right?

I must admit, I'm still trying to adjust to not having the superman dives (I'm glad they're gone though). I'm getting better at taking the right angles and zeroing in on the ballcarrier, but my problem is that I'll go so fast that I'll literally run by the ballcarrier on accident instead of running INTO him. Yes, I suck.

Speed burst is A on xbox, X is tackle/dive.
Old 09-06-2003, 08:00 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 10

Holding "A" and powering up your tackler before hand also helps too. Powering up your tackles increase your chances of causing fumbles also. You also need to help the people tackling someone because it keeps the bigger backs and receivers from getting extra yards when being tackled.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2003, 08:13 AM   #6
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19

A quick question if anyone knows. Do you have to hold the button to stay charged up, or can i let it go and then do the special move?

I have always held it down, but it does become a pain every once in a while.
Old 09-06-2003, 09:15 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

Bacardi151 said:
A quick question if anyone knows. Do you have to hold the button to stay charged up, or can i let it go and then do the special move?

I have always held it down, but it does become a pain every once in a while.

You can let it go and it will stay charged.
Old 09-06-2003, 09:49 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Here is another tip for your running backs if some of you havent even experimented with this:

Besides using the the game buttons to JUKE you can also use the 2nd analog controller to do a few extra jukes as well

Pushing UP on the 2nd stick will make your RB slow down and do stutter step that looks very cool. Pulling it back does another type of stutter step animation...I think or it may be the same one as pushing up. Try it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »