Home

Do you hate this game?

This is a discussion on Do you hate this game? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2003, 12:05 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Do you hate this game?

I'm interested if neone hates this game, and why? I don't think its physically possible to hate such a good and perfect game (although the graphics could be better)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2003, 12:17 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Do you hate this game?

I hate it...its the worse football game ive ever played.

I mean who wants to play a video game that mirrors real life as good as this one...if you like this game then your a nerd and should be stapled to a wall and shot over hundreds of times in the testicle area with paintballs.

Madden RULEZ and ESPN DRULEZ!!!
Old 09-06-2003, 12:31 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:

DookieMowf said:
I hate it...its the worse football game ive ever played.

I mean who wants to play a video game that mirrors real life as good as this one...if you like this game then your a nerd and should be stapled to a wall and shot over hundreds of times in the testicle area with paintballs.

Madden RULEZ and ESPN DRULEZ!!!

Edit..shot over hundreds of times in the testicle area with (frozen) paintballs.

Old 09-06-2003, 12:46 AM   #4
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30

Online play is goo, where's the d? there is none.

Unless of course you play Tcrouch, then the Yoda of OS football will school you to 40 yards from scrimmage as you take the beatdown of a life time.

After playing a few OSers I've seen some decent defense, but it's pretty easy to break the big play. My running game usually seems to average about 10-15 yards per carry. With my high being about 18 ypc by Trung Canidate against the Carolina D.

Sadly enough I haven't even played more than 1/4 of a game in single player mode, and the 1/4 I did play was in first person. So I don't know what to tell you about the offline play. But since I know you couldn't wait to hear how this game was online now you have your answer. You need to know football to play good D online, and make sure you don't overpersue. If a player gets behind your saftey's 8/10 times he's going the distance.
Old 09-06-2003, 12:53 AM   #5
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

Fetter21 said:

Unless of course you play Tcrouch, then the Yoda of OS football will school you to 40 yards from scrimmage as you take the beatdown of a life time.

After playing a few OSers I've seen some decent defense, but it's pretty easy to break the big play. My running game usually seems to average about 10-15 yards per carry. With my high being about 18 ypc by Trung Canidate against the Carolina D.

Sadly enough I haven't even played more than 1/4 of a game in single player mode, and the 1/4 I did play was in first person. So I don't know what to tell you about the offline play. But since I know you couldn't wait to hear how this game was online now you have your answer. You need to know football to play good D online, and make sure you don't overpersue. If a player gets behind your saftey's 8/10 times he's going the distance.

Unless there is a slider to turn up the tackling, online ESPN for me at least may not be as thrilling as NFL 2K3. Combine that with the crazy kick returns on normal along with the abundance of push forward tackles, getting a non shootout game online may not be easy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2003, 12:59 AM   #6
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

Quote:

Erv said:
Quote:

Fetter21 said:

Unless there is a slider to turn up the tackling, online ESPN for me at least may not be as thrilling as NFL 2K3. Combine that with the crazy kick returns on normal along with the abundance of push forward tackles, getting a non shootout game online may not be easy.

You can ajust the sliders, the best I've found so far are All-Pro with 4 notches to the right on persuit and tackling.
Old 09-06-2003, 01:03 AM   #7
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

Fetter21 said:
Quote:

Erv said:
Quote:

Fetter21 said:

You can ajust the sliders, the best I've found so far are All-Pro with 4 notches to the right on persuit and tackling.

Do you mean you can take your sliders online and use them when you host?
Old 09-06-2003, 01:11 AM   #8
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

Quote:

Erv said:
Quote:

Fetter21 said:
Quote:

Erv said:
Quote:

Fetter21 said:

Do you mean you can take your sliders online and use them when you host?

As long as you're not playing a ranked game you can set you sliders to anything you like once the game has started. The problem with this would be if you're playing random people it probably would not be looked upon highly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »