Home

WR reverses

This is a discussion on WR reverses within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2003, 08:35 AM   #1
All Star

OVR: 23
WR reverses

Has anyone ever been able to get more the -3yds using this play in any NFL2k game? I don't expect this play to be successful that much, but I've never ran this play and had any luck whatsoever. I figured maybe this year would be different.

I'd also like to see a little better HB screen play. I always seem to throw it off of a pulling O-linemens head or the lineman aren't in good position to block, even when given enough time to get to their assigned spots. I've tried to run HB flare passes in this years version where the linemen pull out to the Lt or Rt side to block, but I haven't once seen them get anywhere near where they're supposed to be.

This really isn't a complaint, just something I would've liked to see, and I felt like posting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2003, 10:16 AM   #2
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: WR reverses

I have had minimal success with the reverse, but I have had it work for me. The screens I find to be very successful, though. Instead of staying in the pocket, I keep dropping back and extra 10 yards (10 yards from the snap, realistic, as the QB draws the D-line back) and throw it. The O-Line is normally out in it's blocking routes by then, and the RB is ready to go.
Old 09-06-2003, 10:18 AM   #3
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

Millennium said:
I have had minimal success with the reverse, but I have had it work for me. The screens I find to be very successful, though. Instead of staying in the pocket, I keep dropping back and extra 10 yards (10 yards from the snap, realistic, as the QB draws the D-line back) and throw it. The O-Line is normally out in it's blocking routes by then, and the RB is ready to go.

cheese alert
Old 09-06-2003, 10:29 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

i got a 14 yard TD from a reverse on 3rd and 10 online, i don't know why i decided to go with the reverse play on 3rd and 10 but i did and it worked like a charm.

lobb the screen, you almost have to roll away from the screen to give yourself more time for it to setup.
Old 09-06-2003, 12:36 PM   #5
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Not on every play, jistic...

10 yards is a little more than a 7 step drop. For every video football game that has a serviceable screen play in it, you need to give it time to set up. I could roll out the opposite way, but that is completely unrealistic. And there is no pocket on screens, so I normally throw a short lob pass off my back foot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2003, 01:37 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

MMan said:
Quote:

Millennium said:

cheese alert

the qb is supose to run back really far on screen plays. thats not cheese.
Old 09-06-2003, 02:05 PM   #7
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14

the qb is supose to run back really far on screen plays. thats not cheese.

True! that is not cheese!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »