Home

Will 2k5 be your football game for this year?

This is a discussion on Will 2k5 be your football game for this year? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2011, 01:54 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Will 2k5 be your football game for this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnRexpress3423
What is the Manifest you speak of? I must say 2k5 and Madden 05 were the best 2 football games I have ever played. 2k5 being first obviously in my eyes anyways.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...0-preview.html

It's a word document. A whole bunch of Madden gamers really deciphered Madden 05 and made it a great game. The CPU plays amazing and realistic. Gameplay is a whole lot better than 2K5. Even Madden 06 gameplay is better than 2K5 with the vision cone and the right sliders.

Anyways what sliders for 2K5 do you use?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 09:32 AM   #26
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

Madden12 did not impress me at all. You just get a ''boring'' feeling with this game. Whether u rocking 2k5, Madden 05,06,or 11...the past is STILL better than present day...and that's the sad state of videogame NFL football...read my sig and join in....
Old 08-28-2011, 10:47 AM   #27
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Yes 2K5 has its issues but with the right slider set and roster set (I use convince's Franchise file from last year, Bill's Sliders w/ my own tweaks) this is still the game in my eyes. The presentation still hasn't been matched by Madden, which is sad TBH. The gameplay like I said has its flaws but is still more realistic than Madden. I picked it up a few months back and appreciate it even more than I did when it first came out. I will be sticking w/ 2K5 and not spending $60 on a Madden which still at its core feels old and falls short on many levels.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:54 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 0

Running back to 2K this year. The overall fun of it is still unsurpassed, and Madden still can't keep up with this game presentation wise.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:56 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopizzle34
Madden12 did not impress me at all. You just get a ''boring'' feeling with this game. Whether u rocking 2k5, Madden 05,06,or 11...the past is STILL better than present day...and that's the sad state of videogame NFL football...read my sig and join in....
I feel the same way, bought M12', sold it within four hours, and now am on here seeking 2k threads and joining in prayer to get another NFL license.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:38 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 2

Hum, Glad I didnt get M12..
As for the INTS in 2k5.. Set all Defensive players Catch slider to 0...And Set ALL Defensive players "Holding on to ball" to 0.. BUT NOT the CBs,SS,FS. Set them at 1. Raise WR, TE "holding on to ball" 5 points.
That will Help!
Old 09-01-2011, 06:48 PM   #31
Rookie

Shadak's Arena

OVR: 2

Just to chime in - After borrowing a M12 copy i realized how good 2k5 is (again), its so much more fun in every aspect. The only better thing in Madden is a polygon count which is really sad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2011, 09:27 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 3

I retired 2k5 last yr & got APF2k8! Which is sad! Lol. If I hadn't got a ps3 I'd probably still be playing it. I was in my 3rd yr as the Steelers & had some good drafted players coming up. Dang I loved that game! Not perfect but I just loved the feel. First time I popped 2k3 in & saw Favre drop back & plant his foot I was hooked! I'd love a new game but Madden, while very good, doesn't grab me anymore. Haven't tried 12 yet though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »