Home

Any Suggestions Guys?

This is a discussion on Any Suggestions Guys? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2003, 07:13 PM   #1
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21
Any Suggestions Guys?

First let me start out by saying that ESPN Football is a great game and it has totally blown me away. But there are two main things that are really making it hard for me to continue playing and I don't know what to do. First is the running game... I have tried everything that I could to make it harder to run but no matter what I can get 5-6 yards on almost every run play. And just for a test I ran the same ISO run play every single play and was able to drive 85 yards and score. Not only once but twice. It seems like the computer just does not adjust to your run calling tendencies and shut it down. Then I tried another play and it worked with the same success. I really don't know what to do I am using JRods sliders and I still can't seem to fix this problem. The other one is the DB AI, my cornerbacks seem to never be in position and always get beat for big gains no matter what play I pick. Or they will stand there and allow the completion then tackle them afterwards. I have also noticed that they will be in a position to bat the ball down every once in a while but will use the WRONG hand to swat and I end up getting burned that way too. I really don't know what to do because I really like this game and I sure as heck don't want to go back to Dry Madden. Anybody seeing the same stuff? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2003, 08:07 AM   #2
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

Re: Any Suggestions Guys?

Anybody?
Old 09-07-2003, 10:46 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

What level are you playing on? Do you play online or against a human opponent offline?
Old 09-07-2003, 11:19 AM   #4
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

I play with The Noles sliders and JRods also. I play against the computer, never online and I haven't played a human opponent yet.
Old 09-07-2003, 11:27 AM   #5
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

personell matters in espn. your dbs could just suck and your running game may just be too good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2003, 11:34 AM   #6
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

AllSkil...errrr...BigAnt

Play a game of Cleveland vs. Tampa Bay. If you can still get 5-6 yards every down, there is no help.
Old 09-07-2003, 11:55 AM   #7
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

Guys I'm not trying to start an argument or flame war I'm just trying to enjoy the game like everyone else. That is why I detailed what my problems were instead of just saying THIS GAME SUCKS or something like that. I just want a solution to a few problems, and to try to find out what everybody else is doing. By the way I have used numerous teams with both strong and weak run games against some good defensive teams, and the results seem to be the same either way. Thanks in advance for any help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »