Home

I hope the 2% of 720p owners are not ruining this games REP

This is a discussion on I hope the 2% of 720p owners are not ruining this games REP within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2003, 08:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
I hope the 2% of 720p owners are not ruining this games REP

I couln't help but notice th backalsh here. Everyone who complains has a valid point but -

Bottom line is that it WAS a major error.

HOWEVER

That doesnt mean this still is not the best football game ever made....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2003, 09:18 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: I hope the 2% of 720p owners are not ruining this games REP

What was a major error?
Old 09-06-2003, 09:21 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

You are correct that this is probably the best football game made.
The major issue is how Sega/VC has handled the whole situation. They have been touting the 720P feature for quite some time. Some have said that the 720p was working at E3 and reviewers also received a 720p working copy. Because of this, the excitement for 720p was incredible. Those of us that have actually seen a 720p game understand what a huge difference it makes.
When the game was released we quickly fired up the game expecting to see 720p!! It was not there.
It then took 3 days for Sega to say something and then we get this:
ESPN football never had 720p support.

We all know this is false. A stand-up company would come out and say either that it was an error or that it was pulled for some reason. To treat us like idiots is where all of the animosity is coming from.
Old 09-06-2003, 09:42 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:

Losartan said:
You are correct that this is probably the best football game made.
The major issue is how Sega/VC has handled the whole situation. They have been touting the 720P feature for quite some time. Some have said that the 720p was working at E3 and reviewers also received a 720p working copy. Because of this, the excitement for 720p was incredible. Those of us that have actually seen a 720p game understand what a huge difference it makes.
When the game was released we quickly fired up the game expecting to see 720p!! It was not there.
It then took 3 days for Sega to say something and then we get this:
ESPN football never had 720p support.

We all know this is false. A stand-up company would come out and say either that it was an error or that it was pulled for some reason. To treat us like idiots is where all of the animosity is coming from.

Wow, I couldn't have said that better myself but you know what, this game is so freakin good that it don't really matter. Sure I was soooo excited to play this in 720p and very dissapointed when it wasn't. It would be nice for a real answer as to why but it's not worth any big deal so lets just enjot how great this game is. NHL is suppossed to be in 720p as well. We'll see!
Old 09-06-2003, 09:58 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Actually, ESPN Hockey is NOT supporting 720P this year. VC confirmed this at the last convention. You people seem to be missing the point here: VC has hyped the heck out of this 720P feature... go check updates and previews on any major site. They promised numerous journalists that 720OP mode would "blow them away." They release late betas with the mode enabled and working fine. At release the game doesnt run in 720P mode. Then they wait 3 days to admit its not there? If it wasnt supported, why not say that to the first person who emailed them asking for help (They answered none of these). Do you need a press conference to tell people something "isnt supported?" No, but you do if you screw up somewhere. But Sega knows the money it will lose if they admit there was a mastering problem (could be the same thing that has been causing all the lockups-- like 5.1 sound in online play) and replace these discs. So now, the feature they pimped for months, is "not supported." It may not mean a whole lot to many customers with standard TVs. But the way they handled it speaks volumes toward their integrity. I could have lived with a "there was a mistake, we will fix it if we can, but we cannot afford to replace the discs." But they went the shady route.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2003, 10:00 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

Blitzburgh said:
NHL is suppossed to be in 720p as well. We'll see!

NHL will NOT be in 720p nor will it even have 16:9 widescreen support. Major dissapointment but since it has already been confirmed these features aren't in the game its no problem.

The reason for the confusion is that Visual Concepts said all their games would be in 720p, apparently NHL is being developed by another developer, KUSH. I am not really familiar with them, hopefully they do the game justice.
Old 09-06-2003, 11:46 PM   #7
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6

I doubt the game will be ruined by the omission of 720p. The average gamer doesn't even know what 720p is. As long as the game is good and continues to be well received by the gaming public at large, playing in composite, 420p, or through a vga box won't really matter. I was looking forward to playing in 720. But right now I am enjoying the game too much to care. The game still looks good. I guess for some it's like having a great looking woman who would look even better in that sultry red dress she bought. But since she doesn't have that red dress on, there's STILL no reason that I can't have fun with her!
Bubba4
Old 09-06-2003, 11:52 PM   #8
All Star

OVR: 17

Quote:

NHL is being developed by another developer, KUSH. I am not really familiar with them, hopefully they do the game justice.

Kush was the one who developed College BB 2K3 for Sega last year. From the peoples replies who have played the demo they seem impressed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »