Home

Yes you knew it was coming. The Texas Stadium yearly rant thread!

This is a discussion on Yes you knew it was coming. The Texas Stadium yearly rant thread! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2003, 08:29 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 7
Yes you knew it was coming. The Texas Stadium yearly rant thread!

It is Sub-Z's Texas Stadium impressions thread! Not to be confused with my Texas Stadium all 3 new games comparison thread that I should have up in the next 2 weeks. I finally got 2K4 today and have been playing it to death. Numbah 1 the Shadow is finally here. It is lovely. Pick day game and sit back in the glow of moving wonderfulness, the blue colors on the sideline and field are all vibrant and sharp compared to the dull nasty of last year. But not all is wonderful in virtual Irving. Pick afternoon game and problems rear their ugly little heads. Ok now this just defies all laws of nature. The shadow which was crossing mid field at the end of a day game now resets to about where it was in in the end of the 2nd quarter in a day game. It is just now dimmer and has stadium lights lighting. The shadow should keep going past midfield in an afternoon game and end up way into the stands by the end of the game. Ok and now the unresolved issue. WEATHER. Ok I never knew a hole the size of a football field could repel all rain, snow, fog, and wind in the world. It isn't a dome folks. Ok my yearly rant is over. Much progress has been made on the day game though. Looks great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2003, 08:43 PM   #2
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Yes you knew it was coming. The Texas Stadium yearly rant thread!

LOL!!! I was wondering what was taking so long. I have been waiting for this thread since Wednesday.

Old 09-06-2003, 09:39 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

I agree, the lighting is amazing. However, i also found a problem.

The visiting team's sideline is supposed to be in the sun during afternoon games while Dallas's sideline is supposed to be in the shade. In this game - Dallas is in the sun while the visiting team gets the shade. This "shade advantage" is widely known. I dont know why Sega would spend so much time with the lighting, but get the shade advantage wrong.

It's no big deal. The lighting in Texas stadium on this game is the best ive ever seen. I just wish they would have not overlooked this small detail.
Old 09-06-2003, 09:47 PM   #4
Captain Sarcastic

OVR: 6

Quote:

texdirtbag said:
I agree, the lighting is amazing. However, i also found a problem.

The visiting team is supposed to be in the sun during afternoon games while Dallas is supposed to be in the shade. In this game - Dallas is in the sun while the visiting team gets the shade. This "shade advantage" is widely known. I dont know why Sega would spend so much time with the lighting, but get the shade advantage wrong.

It's no big deal. The lighting in Texas stadium on this game is the best ive ever seen. I just wish they would have not overlooked this small detail.

Errrrr wouldn't that depend on who won the toss? The other team gets to choose sides, or are you talking about the side of the field the team stands on?
Old 09-06-2003, 09:53 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9

The sideline. The side of the field the team stands on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2003, 11:23 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 7

Good call on the who should be in the shade thing, another is the cloud effect I love in outdoor stadiums doesn't happen at Texas Stadium. I noticed if you look at the options screen when you are picking your teams it says Texas Stadium is an "indoor stadium". There is the root cause of a lot of problems right there I bet.
Old 09-06-2003, 11:29 PM   #7
All Star

OVR: 17

LOL there are now 3 things I can count on in life..

Death, Taxes and SubZ's yearly Texas Stadium shadow discussion.
Old 09-06-2003, 11:48 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 10

This all could be solved by having the Cowboys not play in the world's wackiest Bass Ackwards stadium. Dome? Stadium? Make up your minds? Looks like they were building a dome and ran out of money. Oh well they'll get theirs on National TV in week 2.

Hehe just a little friendly Trash talk. Seriously though I am dying to play a game with a snowy midfield and clean red zones. Wish someone would get this right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »