Home

ESPN Roster question?

This is a discussion on ESPN Roster question? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2003, 10:18 PM   #1
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
ESPN Roster question?

Is there any way to make formation subs for one team and not the entire league?

I'm playing a season and I like to have the best linebackers on the field for most of the plays. For example, for the Ravens I have Lewis in as the linebacker in the Nickel and Dime packages. The same goes for Derrick Brooks and Urlacher. The problem is that when I attempt place Lewis in the Dime package, it change EVERY teams dime package making that teams middle linebacker the Dime linebacker. I know what I said may be confusing, so if anyone needs me to clatify let me know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2003, 11:03 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: ESPN Roster question?

Quote:

aholbert32 said:

I'm playing a season and I like to have the best linebackers on the field for most of the plays. For example, for the Ravens I have Lewis in as the linebacker in the Nickel and Dime packages. The same goes for Derrick Brooks and Urlacher. The problem is that when I attempt place Lewis in the Dime package, it change EVERY teams dime package making that teams middle linebacker the Dime linebacker. I know what I said may be confusing, so if anyone needs me to clatify let me know.

Quote you have to be kidding my, if you change your teams LB it changes the whole leagues???

I'm not doubting you but seeing how ESPN is some sloppy in areas this would suprise me.
Old 09-06-2003, 11:32 PM   #3
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:

JRod said:
Quote:

aholbert32 said:

Quote you have to be kidding my, if you change your teams LB it changes the whole leagues???

I'm not doubting you but seeing how ESPN is some sloppy in areas this would suprise me.

Yep this seems to be the case, Here's what I'm doing. I go into Manage Substitutions. I create a playbook and go to the dime formation. I put Ray as the linebacker and save the playbook. I go to the Bucs and I see Quarles (the Bucs middle linebacker) is the Dime linebacker so I change it to Brooks. So what happens when I go back to the Ravens substitutions? Boulware is now the Dime linebacker. The saem thing happens when you make offensive changes This isnt even close to being a game killer to me but its annoying because Madden does it right and it doesnt seem to be a hard thing to do.

Also, Is there any way to edit a player's position? And is there any way to have players play outside their position. Like a DT playing DE?
Old 09-07-2003, 12:49 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

First thing you have to do is create playbook for a specific team. Don’t go into manage substitutions to create your playbook because it will give you a default playbook for the league even if you select Create New Book From Team. The Create New Book From Team option in the Manage Substitution module is very deceiving because you think you are creating a playbook for a team when you are not. This is what you do

First go to Manage Playbook option and when Create Playbook from comes up select Team Book. Select the team you want to use. Then save it as whatever you want to call it. Next you will see the edit playbook screen just back out unless you want to edit your playbook.

Now you can go to Manage Substitutions. Select the playbook that you created. Select Edit Existing Book. You will notice that the team that you select for your playbook in Manage Playbook will is now showing. Now make you substitutions.

All you have to do now is when the TEAMSELECT screen comes up hit the Y button for the Xbox to go to options or if you have ps2 just look at the bottom right and it should tell you what button to push. Once in options you will see AWAY Playbook and HOME Playbook. Select whichever playbook your team will be using and scroll over until you see the playbook that you created earlier and you done.

I hope this works for you. Good luck.

Old 09-07-2003, 09:20 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 32

They did it this way so that you could use your subs with any team. It shouldn't actually affect other teams when you're playing games out; they won't use your subs. To use your playbooks/subs, you need to press Y at the team/controller select screen to bring up your team options screen. Then choose your user playbook from there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2003, 10:36 AM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:

ZXLT said:
They did it this way so that you could use your subs with any team. It shouldn't actually affect other teams when you're playing games out; they won't use your subs. To use your playbooks/subs, you need to press Y at the team/controller select screen to bring up your team options screen. Then choose your user playbook from there.

Thanks guys, it worked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »