Home

INT issues

This is a discussion on INT issues within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2011, 10:52 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
INT issues

Ok for You who all ready know this please excuse.. But for those Like me newer guys I hope this helps..
I like 2k5 but am SICK of the INTs, soo I tried something and it seems to work... Set ALL Defensive guys Catch to 0 AND set ALL but the CBs and SS's and FS's "Holding on to ball" or "Secure" to 0.. Then set the CB's SS's and FS's "Secure" to 1... You may get 2 Ints a game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 03:28 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: INT issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGuy53
Ok for You who all ready know this please excuse.. But for those Like me newer guys I hope this helps..
I like 2k5 but am SICK of the INTs, soo I tried something and it seems to work... Set ALL Defensive guys Catch to 0 AND set ALL but the CBs and SS's and FS's "Holding on to ball" or "Secure" to 0.. Then set the CB's SS's and FS's "Secure" to 1... You may get 2 Ints a game!
I play on PS2 default rosters. I have tinkered with the sliders (in Franchise mode) the past 8 months but the CPU QB's constantly range from 35-45 completion %. CPU QB's used to also throw 3+INT's a game but lately that hasn't been an issue for me.

I can't seem to play this game for long because the gameplay is too easy. You can play zone the whole game such as Cover 12 because your defenders will tip everything or intercept the ball. I end up going back to Madden 2005/2006 for the PS2.

Also another issue with this game is the CPU receivers drop the ball as soon as they are hit or the defender is near him. It's like the receivers are a bunch of middle schoolers going up against NFL defenders. I know in real life they do drop balls or lose the ball as soon as they are hit but not as much as 2K5 portrays.

Offensively the game is challenging but realistic with the sliders I use.

Honestly Madden 2005 gameplay is amazing with the Madden Manifesto. Madden 2006 also plays great with slider tweaks. If the CPU QB's didn't constantly throw 35-45 completion % and constant 3-and-outs, I would play 2K5 a lot more.

I know the editor fixes some of the gameplay issues but then the sim stats in Franchise get all jacked up...

I remember before buying 2K5 how many were saying this is the best football game ever made. After I got it I was excited but the CPU offense is a huge letdown. Presentation wise, this is the best football game. Really feels like watching an ESPN game with all the graphical overlays. But the best football game ever? I would say no to that.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:35 AM   #3
Banned

Well, 1st let me say.. I only have 2k5 for PS2 and am doing everything by hand. I mean I am changing the defalt teams to Great old time teams, one by one.. 85 Bears, 72 Miami, 99 Rams and so on..
I agree the WRs dont hold on to the ball, I wonder If I raise the "Secure" on the WR's to 95 to 99 each,, if that would help.. Going to try it..
Oh also,, I am not a hands on gamer,, I just love Watching CPu vs CPu..
Old 08-18-2011, 08:13 PM   #4
Banned

Well I raised the "Secure" on the WR's and so far its working...
QB completion ratings anywhere between 50-80 % Still low INTS too

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »