Home

Big Problem: Post/Flags are still money

This is a discussion on Big Problem: Post/Flags are still money within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2003, 08:39 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
Big Problem: Post/Flags are still money

After some exteneded time trying this out becuase of the sliders these type of plays are still money.

Here's what I did. Default legend sliders TB v Oak. (15 first halves) Other teams 25 halves. A few plays that include the long (15+) post over the middle. What happens is the defense clears out the middle and you can complete these types of plays probably atleast once in four downs.

Certain plays clear out the middle not neccesarily the route. If you just have a flag route it's not garuanteed. I guess there might be a few reasons for the this. The DB coverage is quite poor when it comes to closing. They will be in prime position to make the play only to jump for the INT. A tackle might be the better decision so the WR can't complete the catch but this doens't happen. What is needed is the wrap around animation that has the DB put one hand on the back of the WR and the other is trying to knock down the ball.

So what does that leave us. Not all plays and not all flag routes work. That's good bad news. There are definate money plays with different teams. That's why some of you don't see the problem. However once you find that money play it turns into automatic first downs. So you can stop calling these type of plays which helps. But certainly a chink in ESPN's armor.

The CPU AI never adapts to certain plays being called more than once. I understand they don't expect us to play like this but shouldn't "good" AI be able to adapt?

Not trying to destroy the game. I just don't want the game to be easy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2003, 08:40 AM   #2
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Big Problem: Post/Flags are still money

"If you build it, he will come"
Old 09-07-2003, 08:55 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just edit the money play out of your playbook.
Old 09-07-2003, 08:57 AM   #4
MVP

HitDoctor's Arena

OVR: 13

I guarantee it's not a money play online!
Old 09-07-2003, 08:59 AM   #5
BTB
Th*s **n't s** w*rld

BTB's Arena

OVR: 16

Its not that simple, and this is one of the problems that has plaugued madden and turned me to the 2k series...not very encouraging. I can see the cheesers online already, this kind of sucks. There has to be certain plays that defend against this right? Cuz in madden some plays are literally undefendable to all defenses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2003, 09:06 AM   #6
Rookie

bronxct1's Arena

OVR: 4

shifting the db's to inside/outside coverage will probably help, i havent seen people using these like crazy online yet
Old 09-07-2003, 09:07 AM   #7
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

JRod said:
and you can complete these types of plays probably atleast once in four downs.

What?!?!?! So 1 in 4 is a money play? Come on now... this is not the definition of a money. I think the main problem is "time"... if you can get enough time to throw a flag out 4 times in a row, reduce your blocking, cuz you've got too much time. Your QB should be under pursuit all the time in this game, that's how you minimize your success. When I play, I often don't have the right time and opportunity to get it to that WR running the flag route. Many times I'm duckin a WR, or moving up in the pocket, and by then the opportunity is gone, or I have to dump it off.

I guess I'd say work on getting more pressure to your QB. 3-4 seconds is all you should have, and many of those plays, some of that time is ducking a defender and looking at other options... guesss it's just me...
Old 09-07-2003, 09:18 AM   #8
JFo
Rookie

OVR: 2

I dont get why people waste all they re time looking for the little cheap things that you can do vs the CPU then say th egame is flawed I think most games are made to be played a certain way and not find a one play or pass that works everytime then run it...just have fun with it....beleive me I want realism as much as anyone and thats the way I play mixing it up or playing the style of ball the team I am in real life ...I dont know I have bumped up to legend for more of a challenge and have had one game so far and it was awesome so I guess what im saying is I would have never known about all these money plays and supposed GLITCHES if I didnt read about them becuz I dont see the point in searching out for these things and making a big deal after it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »