Home

My impression after about 30 games.

This is a discussion on My impression after about 30 games. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2003, 09:52 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: My impression after about 30 games.

but why start a new thread for it. why not just put it in the countless other..."im a Diehard Madden fan with impressions of ESPN" threads?

how about we get eveyone who has the game to just start a thread just to "share their opinions"

..that'd go over real well.
Old 09-07-2003, 09:53 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 9

broken tackles aren't a problem for me except when i'm losing in the 4th quarter. The CPU will just run over me for a ton of yards.
Old 09-07-2003, 09:54 PM   #19
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

HMcCoy said:
Instead of complaining, try to enjoy whats good.

Old 09-07-2003, 10:04 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:

muzion said:
broken tackles aren't a problem for me except when i'm losing in the 4th quarter. The CPU will just run over me for a ton of yards.

Big backs are really bad. Corey Dillion can break almost anything.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:05 PM   #21
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

the_jared said:
i dont understand why everyone who has played this game even for one quarter, feels the need to post a new thread for "their impressions"

...even worse is people actually read that whole novel that he wrote, then respond to his BS.

noone F***ing cares what you think of the game. Your "impressions" arent going to sway anyones opinion. and you people usually give stupid reasons for where this game has gone wrong. like tackling, just because you F***s cant tackle doesnt mean the game has gameplay issues. Or how about when you fools say that the QB's dont scramble, just because you havent seen it, or that they dont throw bombs, when in fact they do.

also, just because you say your a die-hard football gamer and have played 100,000,000 games, doesnt mean that your opinion means more than anyone elses.

Wow, um I did state it was my opinion. I guess it's ok to start a thread about impression as long as they are all positive huh.

So we only want to discuss positive things in these forums. Even when someone post a thread that doesn't have profanity, uses the word "rulz" and post that he still thinks it's the best game of the year, we can discuss the short comings of a product in hopes the devlopers (who we all know frequent these boards) might take note.

By the way I'm not sure but I think using the F word no mater how many *** you put it in is a violation of OS forum policies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2003, 10:10 PM   #22
MVP

Danimal's Arena

Quote:

HMcCoy said:
Here's something to think about.

When a second tackler hits a runner who is already engaged, he not only opens his arms to encompass the pile, but his momentum and direction affects the pile. This makes ESPN football the first game in history that actually makes the second tackler responsible for bringing down the ball carrier. Previously, you could dive at a runner being tackled and pretend you were affecting it, but the tackle was pre-scripted so you really don't.(Thanks RicoLaguna) Thats why single tackles are broken so easily. So like real football you have to swarm ballcarriers and flow to the ball. Instead of complaining, try to enjoy whats good.

Yes it is very impressive in that it does that. But are you going to tell me that one on one tackles don't happen often? Did you watch any of the games today, they happen all the time. They are in fact rare in this game unless you tone things way down and even then they aren't all that common.

Is it a problem, not really. Is it a quirk (the word I used in my original post for things that annoy me) I think so.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:16 PM   #23
Rookie

AmenRa's Arena

OVR: 2

I did not notice all of these flaws. Maybe you should be selected as a beta tester.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:25 PM   #24
MVP

Danimal's Arena

Quote:

AmenRa said:
I did not notice all of these flaws. Maybe you should be selected as a beta tester.

Ok, my last post then I am done. This is for all the people like you AmenRa. It is possible to like a game and still think it has some things wrong. I can be just as critical about Madden if you really want me to be.

I thought the OS forums were for discussing games, their good points & their bad. I didn't know this place had turned into "When [censored you naughty boy] attack".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »