Home

My impression after about 30 games.

This is a discussion on My impression after about 30 games. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2003, 06:32 AM   #41
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: My impression after about 30 games.

Quote:

the_jared said:
i dont understand why everyone who has played this game even for one quarter, feels the need to post a new thread for "their impressions"

...even worse is people actually read that whole novel that he wrote, then respond to his BS.

noone F***ing cares what you think of the game. Your "impressions" arent going to sway anyones opinion. and you people usually give stupid reasons for where this game has gone wrong. like tackling, just because you F***s cant tackle doesnt mean the game has gameplay issues. Or how about when you fools say that the QB's dont scramble, just because you havent seen it, or that they dont throw bombs, when in fact they do.

also, just because you say your a die-hard football gamer and have played 100,000,000 games, doesnt mean that your opinion means more than anyone elses.

First and final warning. Do not use profanity on this board and do not attack posters. I dont care if you edit out part of the word, what is implied is still there.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2003, 11:45 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

the_jared said:
but why start a new thread for it. why not just put it in the countless other..."im a Diehard Madden fan with impressions of ESPN" threads?

Why go into the thread if you feel so strongley about it?? I know I enjoy reading people's impressions whether they be positive or negative?? This is why these forums are here.

how about we get eveyone who has the game to just start a thread just to "share their opinions"

..that'd go over real well.

Old 09-08-2003, 12:17 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

Goaty said:
Quote:

DSpezzano said:
Wow, um I did state it was my opinion. I guess it's ok to start a thread about impression as long as they are all positive huh.

Unfortunately that does appear to be the case for ESPN Football

If your thread was another "Greatest FB Game Ever" thread none of these guys would be complaining about another "impressions" thread

ESPN FB is the only FB game I have bought this year and I do like it alot. But it is far from perfect. Unfortunately *some* people here seems to take it personally when anyone points out a flaw. Maybe it is because they are too emotionally wrapped up in this EA vs. Sega nonsense

Anyway, weirdest thing I saw was the 49'ers passing up a 42 yard field goal in the 3rd quarter (1 mph wind) when my Bears had a 13-7 lead on them. Even the announcer made fun of them for punting from my 25 yard line

i agree with this guy. i personally want to see all the negative things about a game when making my decision. the positives are almost a given because there are SO many threads and information about them. these days you almost have to base your decision on which game's flaws you can live with more because they do so many things well. the good thing is you'll still end up with a great game.

anyway, keep up the 'impressions'!!! some of us appreaciate it.
Old 09-08-2003, 01:41 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 1

I'll echo that, I want to see the good and the bad. Especially since all the reviews read like the reviewers didn't get past the glitz and actually analyze the gameplay. I love presentation as much as the next guy (remember TV Sports Football on the Amiga! that was presentation), but gameplay is what keeps me playing a game season after season, and I want to know if I'm going to find a dealbreaker in the 10th franchise game I play that will kill it for me after that.
Old 09-08-2003, 02:06 PM   #45
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm sorry but I just have to comment on this post. The person who started this thread posted his opinion. I applaud him for taking the time to do this. While you may consider this post useless, many others will get something from it. Why even comment if you are just going to rip someone for posting their opinion. This is not a communist country, we are allowed.

Quote:

even worse is people actually read that whole novel that he wrote, then respond to his BS

This statement alone tells me that you didn't even read his whole post. If you didn't read it and are now slamming it....well sir that is just Ignorant.

To the original poster: you made many valid points and I think you are right on the money on most of them. The good thing is that it is a much better game than last year. They are diffinatly on the right track and I get alot of enjoyment out of playing this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2003, 02:30 PM   #46
TxSigma4Life

OVR:

I think DSpezzano is very accurate in his assessment of the game. I want to like the game, and I do have fun playing it, but it does have it's flaws.

Old 09-08-2003, 03:23 PM   #47
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

I haven't had a lot of the probelms the original poster had..as a matter of fact, i've expereinced quite the contrary playing on ALL PRO w/ NO slider adjustments. However, I'm glad he posted his opinion. His opinion will not stop me from enjoying the game! And If I ever do run into a problem, it's good to know people are here talking about it, so they can give me support, tell me how to get around the issue, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »