Home

This game is great but.....

This is a discussion on This game is great but..... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2003, 11:39 AM   #9
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: This game is great but.....

Quote:

Balboni said:
Madden is still a more fluid game in my opinion.....maybe I just need more time because I am used to Madden..

took me 4 months to do it last year.... and it was well worth it
Old 09-08-2003, 11:41 AM   #10
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

Balboni said:
Madden is still a more fluid game in my opinion.....maybe I just need more time because I am used to Madden..

There is no "maybe" to that. You HAVE to give this game a look without the influence of Madden because they "flow" completely different. Just get Madden out of your head for a couple of days.

BTW, Madden's training mode KILLS ESPN as well...
Old 09-08-2003, 11:51 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

There is no "maybe" to that. You HAVE to give this game a look without the influence of Madden because they "flow" completely different. Just get Madden out of your head for a couple of days.

That's the problem, most people don't want to get Madden out of their heads. That's exactly why I don't play two different games from two different developers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2003, 12:58 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

If the game is that great how can it take 4 months to get use too?
Old 09-08-2003, 12:59 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:

deck31775 said:

maybe 4 full games if you are used to Madden.
Old 09-08-2003, 01:52 PM   #14
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

I, like many, have been a Madden player over the years. I am in the 30 something category.(I still think my favorite all time football game is Super Tecmo Bowl)

Last year I purchased both madden and sega NFL games. I played more of madden then sega but not because I thought it was better, I was just more use to it.

This year I again bought both games. I just dont see what the big deal is. Both these games are great! We should be glad there is more than one to choose from. Having this direct competition between these two company's is a HUGE benefit to us. Without it we would get a mediocre game each year. But, because of this competition they are "busting balls" to beat one another. So what we end up with is some extremely excellent sports simulations.

Some people just seem to stand by one or the other because of some kind of loyalty....this is a game folks, and we all pay real money for it. Loyalty doesn't mean crapola to me in regards to this, I just want the best possible game I can get for my $$$$$.

The one thing madden has going for it, at least in my opinion, that ESPN doesnt is it has a little brother that uses the same controls and alot of the same gameplay that keeps people from straying. NCAA 2004 is the best football game out in my opinion. I play it more than either of the pro games and did the same last year. The fact that it uses the same basic setup as Madden because they are both put out by EA is enough to keep some people playing Madden simply because they dont have to learn different controls.

I will keep playing all three games and NCAA will prolly get 85% of my gaming time while the other 15% is divided between both the pro games. I do really like ESPN's new features. The depth of this game is amazing. I just wish people would quit saying one is the greatest and the other one sucks, because they are both great games!

p.s. - one thing thats nice about ESPN is Burman. After all the years of Madden, I am kinda burnt out on hearing his commentary. Nothing against the man but still....
Old 09-08-2003, 02:01 PM   #15
Rookie

AmenRa's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

Heelfan71 said:
Quote:

deck31775 said:

maybe 4 full games if you are used to Madden.

I needed 11 games of NFL2k3 to get Ncaa college football 2003 out of my head. Their IS and adjustment period. Very few can seemlessly just jump from one to the other. Avid players get used to the nuances and idiosyncrasies of a particular game and it becomes a lil difficult to adjust to something new.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2003, 02:07 PM   #16
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6

It probably takes longer to "un-learn" Madden than is does to get used to ESPN. I was never a Madden player until it appeared on the PS2. But by then, Sega had me hooked on the 2K series. I have always felt Sega's games were more realistic, so I stuck with them. I do like Madden. It is a good game. But in all the years that its been around, it has never WOWED me. And that's my biggest problem with it. I just wish EA would give me a reason to buy Madden.
Bubba4

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »