Home

I think i'm going to breakdown...

This is a discussion on I think i'm going to breakdown... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2011, 12:36 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: I think i'm going to breakdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunchDrunk
Well, for one, no matter how good your players play, they never progress after the season. I once had Tony Romo run for 1,000 yards and pass for a little over 4,000 and he didn't progress at all.

The graphics are bad. If you look at the players faces in the game they look nothing like what they look like in real life. Also, when you view the stadium it looks like all of the attendees are card board cut-outs.
I don't understand this thinking. If you ran for over 1000 yards and passed for over 4000 yards with Tony Romo, then why do you need him to progress? I have simmed multiple seasons, multiple times and have seen progression. How good do you want to make Tony Romo? 1500 yards on the ground and 4800 yards passing? Maybe the game is so smart that it knows Tony Romo will NEVER put a season together like what you had, and thought, "Hey, this guy is good enough, he doesn't get progression."

As far as the graphics are concerned, you are right, when compared to Madden they don't look good at all, but they are far, far away from making it unplayable.

Still the best NFL football game I have ever played.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 08-30-2011, 12:42 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

I am also considering Madden 12, the gameplay looks to have improved a little bit, I haven't played Madden since 2k5 came out. I'll give it a couple of weeks and then make a decision, I still enjoy playing with the classic rosters on 2k5.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:21 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalmer
I don't understand this thinking. If you ran for over 1000 yards and passed for over 4000 yards with Tony Romo, then why do you need him to progress? I have simmed multiple seasons, multiple times and have seen progression. How good do you want to make Tony Romo? 1500 yards on the ground and 4800 yards passing? Maybe the game is so smart that it knows Tony Romo will NEVER put a season together like what you had, and thought, "Hey, this guy is good enough, he doesn't get progression."

As far as the graphics are concerned, you are right, when compared to Madden they don't look good at all, but they are far, far away from making it unplayable.

Still the best NFL football game I have ever played.
Actually, none of the players on my team that season progressed at all. Even the crappy players neither progressed or degressed (is that even a word?)... the whole team just stayed the same.

I mean if some other QB ran for over 1,000 and passed for over 4,000, wouldn't you expect them to progress in rating?

Last edited by PunchDrunk; 08-30-2011 at 05:23 PM. Reason: spelling
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 06:25 PM   #12
Rookie

Shadak's Arena

OVR: 2

Just like most ppl I was also thinking about getting Madden this year.. but I just cant get over the animations and tackling (not to mention other stuff).. its just so.. wrong.. I dont really mind 2k5 graphics tbh as long as it looks right in motion. Madden is slowly getting there but thats about it. And I like the franchise in 2k5 a lot more as well which is important for me as Im an offline player.

/rant over
Old 08-31-2011, 12:51 AM   #13
Banned

Honestly guys... Rent it. I bought it, and i'm already searching 2K forums for any hope of a new football game. I gave 12' and chance, and kindly dismissed it. I seriously would rent it fellow 2K historians.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:00 PM   #14
Banned

Bought Madden on release day for around 13 dollars (traded in BlackOps and The Show) - the game is on the shelf right now ready to be traded in for NBA 2K12. I am back to playing NFL 2K5.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:45 PM   #15
Rookie

pants_face's Arena

OVR: 1

I think I’m going to breakdown… and cry because Madden still isn’t that great after all these years.

I played it and enjoyed it for awhile, but was surprised when it just made me jones for 2K5 (even with the lackluster player progression)!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »