Home

So...Should I...

This is a discussion on So...Should I... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2003, 06:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
So...Should I...

Buy ESPN Football? Even with all the "bugs" that people seem to be ranting about on here? I mean, I ;ve waited for a year to get a good football game and I'm kind of a cheap skate so I don't want to blow my money on a game that's plagued with problems this year. So is it worth the $50 put down. I played the demo and enjoyed it after some comparisons and looks at some other games and ESPN came out front. Anyway, you guys tell me if it's definately something I should get or just wait till next year when it's improved. I need an NFL game bad-Been playing ncaa 2003 all year. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2003, 06:31 PM   #2
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: So...Should I...

read the majority of comments here. positive. go to videogamereview.com and check the reviews of the game. both are gamers choice. ps2 and xbox. then go get the game.

many of the people claiming glitches are even stating it is the best sports game they ever played. they are just frustrated it isn't perfect in thier eyes.
Old 09-08-2003, 06:33 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Hell yeah, this from a long time Maddener, NCAA is still my game of choice but I think ESPN moved into second these last few days.

But all games have their issues, I don't get hung up about them unless they are huge (ala Draft Class on X-Box)
Old 09-08-2003, 06:47 PM   #4
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Yes.

I've had only 2 things that would be considered a glitch or bug in my 17-18 hours of time I have on the game.(I got it on saturday btw and I didn't even watch any of the games on sunday....then again none of the teams I like were playing on a televised game)

2 d-linemen got caught up on a linebacker when they were lineing up I just took control of 1 and moved him and it was fixed.

The other is somewhat odd...it was on a pass play and the ball hit my defender in the helmet and was called for pass interference.
Old 09-08-2003, 07:11 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 4

16, 19, 23, 24, 29.............?

Hmmmmmmmm............... You would'nt happen to be a 49er fan would ya?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2003, 07:26 PM   #6
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

I am one of the ones who is frustrated by some of the glitches and I would still tell anyone that asked to go buy this game. It is awesome, not perfect but nothing is.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:26 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

the game s amazing!! Go get it!!! Just got a svideo cable for my TV (no HD yet cause there too damn expensive). Game looks great, it plays great!!

If your a football fan you gotta get it!
Old 09-08-2003, 08:38 PM   #8
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Trust me, I too was sceptical, but after plauing this game on the Kiosk (or whatever it's called) at EB games, I went out and bought an xbox and the game. I know my situation is rare, but trust me, the game is tight. Take it from a veteran gamer, If you've never played the series before, be warned that it is a challange.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »