Home

This is a first!!!

This is a discussion on This is a first!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2003, 07:46 PM   #1
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
This is a first!!!

Alright, Titans (Me) vs. Raiders. Raiders are up 20-7 with 3:30 left in the 1st half (using NoleFan's sliders, made a couple of mistakes on offense). The Raider's come to the line with the play clock at :19. Gannon reads the D, waits about 2 seconds, calls an audible. It is about :05 left on the play clock, CPU still hasn't called the play. Play clock gets down to :01 and I see this flash across the screen:

TIME OUT

DO WHAT??? Did I just see the CPU NOT ONLY run the play clock down reading coverage/audibling, but they called a time out so they didn't take a penalty?!?!

Yeah, the littlest things excite me...

BTW, I play on 12 minute quarters, just in case anyone wanted to know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2003, 07:50 PM   #2
Rookie

twohourride's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: This is a first!!!

Mill, I saw (not exactly what you did) the CPU make much better calls, use of clock, and audibles! Thats what beat me when my Cowboys took on Buffalo after using Noles Fan's sliders...the CPU adjusted and BEAT ME...Clock managment much improved also
Old 09-09-2003, 12:03 AM   #3
Rookie

ShoelessTroy's Arena

OVR: 2

Damn! That is pretty coooooool!
Old 09-09-2003, 12:10 AM   #4
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

Millennium said:
Alright, Titans (Me) vs. Raiders. Raiders are up 20-7 with 3:30 left in the 1st half (using NoleFan's sliders, made a couple of mistakes on offense). The Raider's come to the line with the play clock at :19. Gannon reads the D, waits about 2 seconds, calls an audible. It is about :05 left on the play clock, CPU still hasn't called the play. Play clock gets down to :01 and I see this flash across the screen:

TIME OUT

DO WHAT??? Did I just see the CPU NOT ONLY run the play clock down reading coverage/audibling, but they called a time out so they didn't take a penalty?!?!

Yeah, the littlest things excite me...

BTW, I play on 12 minute quarters, just in case anyone wanted to know.

If the Raiders are playing smart then that is not realism, it's a bug in the game......
Old 09-09-2003, 01:33 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

Brian_OS said:
If the Raiders are playing smart then that is not realism, it's a bug in the game......

How's this for typical Raiders then... I'm Denver, they get a first down on 3rd and long near midfield but I challenge the spot and win. They go for it on 4th (and make it and eventually go on to win the game). I thought this was exactly what they would have done in a game at Denver in that situation.

I got my revenge though. Fast forward 10 weeks when we are both 9-2 and tied for the division lead, towards the end of the game with me blowing them out, I get Gannon and knock him out for the rest of the season. They've now lost 3 straight and are in danger of missing the playoffs entirely after leading the division the first half of the season. Typical Raiders. I love it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2003, 09:26 AM   #6
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

Corey said:
Quote:

Brian_OS said:

How's this for typical Raiders then... I'm Denver, they get a first down on 3rd and long near midfield but I challenge the spot and win. They go for it on 4th (and make it and eventually go on to win the game). I thought this was exactly what they would have done in a game at Denver in that situation.

I got my revenge though. Fast forward 10 weeks when we are both 9-2 and tied for the division lead, towards the end of the game with me blowing them out, I get Gannon and knock him out for the rest of the season. They've now lost 3 straight and are in danger of missing the playoffs entirely after leading the division the first half of the season. Typical Raiders. I love it

That's classic! .. throw in 150 yards of penalties and that's Raider football...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »