Home

My unbiased criticism and how it weighs against Madden...

This is a discussion on My unbiased criticism and how it weighs against Madden... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2003, 11:25 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: My unbiased criticism and how it weighs against Madden...

little harsh....in no way is the franchise HORRIBLE.....it's actually good, just not as good as Madden
Old 09-09-2003, 11:29 AM   #10
Pro

Catman24's Arena

OVR: 5

Am a big madden fan, no doubt about it. But I do have both games. And am enjoying them both. Whoever said that you can't do that is a lier. Because if you love football it doesn't matter. With that said. Back to the post at hand. I love the chellenges in espn. Reason being. It goes to instant replay and shows you what happen. In madden it wont show you the replay.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:32 AM   #11
MVP

Chrono's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

Sleeper said:
Quote:

VenomEB said:
I tried to challenge a funble in ESPN and there was no such challenge!! Now I love both games but if there is no fumble challenge thats a BIG screw up. Did I just miss it or what?

In one of my games, Moss got popped just as he touched the ball and then the other team fell on it...ref called it a fumble. I challenged that it was not a fumble but an incomplete pass and won. Was your situation like that?

I'm guessing his situation occurred on a running play, because something similar happened to me. Ricky Williams was being brought down, and fumbled just as his knee was hitting the ground. It looked close, so I decided to challenge that the runner was down. If I remember correctly, there was no option to challenge this. Granted, I then watched the replay and it was definitely a fumble... but this type of fumble challenge appears to not be in the game. I would like to see this next year since it's something that is challenged quite often in the NFL.

With that being said, I think they did a great job with it for the first year being implemented. I do wish the CPU would lose a few more challenges, but it's not too bad.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2003, 11:36 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

It seems to me that everytime the QB is trying to make the pass and it's a fumble that you can challenge the call and they will reverse it saying that it's an incomplete pass and his arm was going forward. yesterday i tried to pass and kerry collins wasn't even close to having his arm go forward but I challenged anyways and they reversed the call. Has anyone else noticed this? This game still rocks.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:39 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

I like the system more also because in Madden players can cheat and do a replay before they challenge, if you do this in ESPN you wont be able to challenge. Also, info of the E-mails are great but your right they didn't have to put them up each week about the hurt players, whit that said im still enjoying ESPN's franchise better. In Madden's I dont feel that connected.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:49 AM   #14
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

ssmith7289 said:

FRANCHISE - Madden vs. ESPN = Madden by an absolute slaughter.

I know it's your opinion but what about the problem in Madden of the mishandling of player rosters after year two? If you don't know what I'm talking about there is an issue where after year 1 the CPU controlled teams would strangley start rookies in place of proven vets. And the rookies wouldn't even be that good. For example, there would be a 60 rated rookie QB for the 49ers starting instead of Jeff Garcia.

It's good that you pointed out some flaws in ESPN's franchise mode but Madden's franchise mode isn't flawless. In my opinion this flaw is a big problem. I don't want to take control of all the teams and re-order rosters.

So I wouldn't call this a blow out in any sense. I still play Madden because Madden still handles the Classic teams better. NFL 2K series never was good in handling the classic teams and I think that they should just take it out all-in-all next year. With that space they can add a new feature or impove on a feature.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:59 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

timotim19 said:
I like the system more also because in Madden players can cheat and do a replay before they challenge, if you do this in ESPN you wont be able to challenge. Also, info of the E-mails are great but your right they didn't have to put them up each week about the hurt players, whit that said im still enjoying ESPN's franchise better. In Madden's I dont feel that connected.

Who said that im madden you can look at the replay and then challenge!! That is totally false.

On the replay topic i kinda like maddens better becaust the challenges on ESPN are more blatent. What i mean by that is in ESPN when they make serious bad calls you have no reason but to challenge, but im Madden the bad calls are more discrete.

In ESPN i win all my challenges because the call on the field was too easy to fault whereas in Madden sometimes the CPU get away with a bad call cus it wasnt that easy to detect. Also i havent seen the CPU loose a challenge yet in this game, but ESPN is a power to recon with
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2003, 08:16 PM   #16
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

jcyph,

yeah, two people have already lied on this thread abotu what Madden can't do in challenge mode. I played 2003 and you can't challenge after looking at the replay and Madden does show replays of the challenged play. Like others here, I am also playing ESPN exclusively this year, but that doesn't make me want to lie about Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »