Home

Holy bad luck batman

This is a discussion on Holy bad luck batman within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2003, 08:37 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Holy bad luck batman

I was playing the 6th game of my franchise last night with the Falcons. Going into the game I was 2-3 and was playing the Rams.

Midway thru the second quarter, the game was tied at 17. I had Vick run a play action roll out, but since Price was well covered I took off into the open field. As I near the first down marker I see a defender coming at me, before I can hit the juke button, Im totally HAMMERED by the defender. Vick doesnt get up....I couldnt believe how real it all felt. Anyways, on the next play with Doug Johnson in as QB, I run a sweep to Dunn. He gets tackeled, and guess what? He doesnt get up either....torn hamstring! Fast forward to the third quarter, Rams blitz and Johnson gets sacked. Yep, you guessed it, he doesnt get up either. So thats my starting QB, my starting halfback, and my 2nd string QB all down to injuries in a matter of 2 quarters.

Anyone else have such bad luck?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2003, 10:58 AM   #2
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Holy bad luck batman

In 1 game in the the 13th week I lost T.Owens and J.Peterson for the season, and missed them both for the playoffs.

And now the next season I lost J.Garcia for the season on the 2nd game. so now im 1-3.

But never so many like you.

Cpre5
Old 09-09-2003, 11:01 AM   #3
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

That reminds me of a game of 2k3 I had where I lost Anthony Thomas, Marty Booker, and Ted Washington in the same game.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:20 AM   #4
pol
All Star

pol's Arena

OVR: 14

go kurt kittner!
Old 09-09-2003, 12:02 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:

Rinse said:
I was playing the 6th game of my franchise last night with the Falcons. Going into the game I was 2-3 and was playing the Rams.

Midway thru the second quarter, the game was tied at 17. I had Vick run a play action roll out, but since Price was well covered I took off into the open field. As I near the first down marker I see a defender coming at me, before I can hit the juke button, Im totally HAMMERED by the defender. Vick doesnt get up....I couldnt believe how real it all felt. Anyways, on the next play with Doug Johnson in as QB, I run a sweep to Dunn. He gets tackeled, and guess what? He doesnt get up either....torn hamstring! Fast forward to the third quarter, Rams blitz and Johnson gets sacked. Yep, you guessed it, he doesnt get up either. So thats my starting QB, my starting halfback, and my 2nd string QB all down to injuries in a matter of 2 quarters.

Damn, that's insane. I like the injury animations this year they are very authentic. VC made sure they put everything in the game. I don't know what more can done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2003, 12:54 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

pol said:
go kurt kittner!

lol

yeah Kittner is gonna hafta lead my team now.

oh man.
Old 09-09-2003, 02:00 PM   #7
Pr*

SEGA_LOYAL_FAN's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:

Rinse said:

I know how u feel cause it happens to me almost everytime i play with the Falcons. First game i play is against my bro and the third sack he gets on me after i pass the ball Vick is out for the whole game. Second game i play against the Comp. they hit me after i pass and Vick has a concusion. At this point im like .

You know why this happens to Vick right...

THE EA COVER BOY CURSE!!!

I havent played with the falcons since and wont until 2k5 .

Old 09-09-2003, 02:06 PM   #8
Rookie

breathofj's Arena

OVR: 3

Man...that sux.

I run a good bit with Vick, and I'm in my second season. I'll have to keep this post in mind though next time I think about scrambling

Man, I don't want to have to rely on Kurt...

out

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »