Home

What is everyone's opinion on FPF??

This is a discussion on What is everyone's opinion on FPF?? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2003, 02:26 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: What is everyone\'s opinion on FPF??

First Person Football is the shiznit!!! I have gotten pretty good with it in a week. I'm good enough to play against the Bucs in Tampa Bay on All Pro with my Titans, and it was just a field goal war! Is it just me.....but is kicking field goals in First Person mode one of the coolest things in a video game ever?!! I really feel rewarded when I make a good kick, especially a long one! My two cents..Peace out
Old 09-10-2003, 02:29 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

I like it a lot . I'm playing my franchise in it.
Old 09-10-2003, 05:24 AM   #19
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

yeah its fun especially the running game im still having trouble with the passing game though
Old 09-10-2003, 07:34 AM   #20
MVP

Chrono's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

PatPat62 said:
Is it just me.....but is kicking field goals in First Person mode one of the coolest things in a video game ever?!! I really feel rewarded when I make a good kick, especially a long one! My two cents..Peace out

I agree! I love kicking field goals in first person mode. When i'm lining up a really long kick I almost find myself getting a little nervous. Then watching the ball said towards the uprights, it's great!

I used to kick field goals all the time back in the day, even kicked for a team one year... so I think that makes it even more special.
Old 09-10-2003, 08:30 AM   #21
Rookie

ddonnelly19's Arena

OVR: 1

At first I thought FPF was just a novelty, but after playing a few games with it I may never go back to "God Cam". I broke 2 60+ yard runs with Priest in one game (ended up 26/226 yds), and just the feeling of breaking a long run\running for your life without knowing if someone is going to catch you is a rush.

My only complaints:
-- Depth perspective is too deep -- seems like the RB is 20 yards deep in the backfield

-- No way to know who has the football (when switching to a receiver or on defense)

-- Switching players on defense seems random at times, like I have to switch 3 or 4 times to switch to the closest player

-- Defaulting the selected defensive player at the beginning of a play to the last one used (instead of always going to the MLB)

-- QB pivot camera to automatically view a receiver (like hitting white button+X to look at X receiver). I like how this is done on defense, to watch your assigned man instead of the ball.

Otherwise, I'm hooked on FPF!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »