Home

Things that made me say Wow when I played this game!!

This is a discussion on Things that made me say Wow when I played this game!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2003, 12:25 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Things that made me say Wow when I played this game!!

The kicker for the other team kicked it through the cross bars on a kick off. The announcers even mentioned that he should get 3 points for that one.
Old 09-10-2003, 12:34 PM   #10
Pr*

SEGA_LOYAL_FAN's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:

Heelfan71 said:
The kicker for the other team kicked it through the cross bars on a kick off. The announcers even mentioned that he should get 3 points for that one.

Dammmmmm i gotta hear this one.
Old 09-10-2003, 12:46 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 7

Great Finds AMEN!!! Really, really good stuff! I have goosebumps over here! I can't wait until 5:00 so I can rush home and continue my Broncos season! These seemingly little animations and cut scenes really add to the ESPN Football gaming experience.

The most unique extra I can share with you was in another post I started. In a nutshell, there is a cutscene when you are playing San Francisco that shows the field's eye view towards the sky as a team blimp flys overhead with the lighted, flashing word 'TOUCHDOWN!' on the side! It is nice that for every little annoyance I discover with this game, I discover another hidden treasure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2003, 12:50 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

SEGA_LOYAL_FAN said:
Quote:

Heelfan71 said:

Dammmmmm i gotta hear this one.

Hey SEGA,

This bit of commentation was in last year's game too. It does not play every time you kick it through, just on occasion. This is fine with me because the one thing that I want my NFL games to do year after year and get better and better at, is to eliminate repetitive commentary. Sega is getting closer.
Old 09-10-2003, 12:54 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 5

I attempted to throw a pass to Joe Jurevicius, and he was hit as soon as the ball hit his hands, so he dropped it.....INCOMPLETE PASS (I saw the ref waive incomplete and everything).....but an Eagle defender scooped up the ball imediately and started to run the ball back for a TD. I was like, Sh**!!! I thought is was incomplete!....So I start to run after him....needless to say he stops running after realizing the ball was dead and it was indeed an incomplete pass. I was about to have a heart attack.

Also, the animations by the WRs to keep their feet inbounds after a catch are SICK. I've seen about three so far. The one in the back of the endzone was my fav.

Btw, showing the kicker warming up on the sidelines to win or tie the game in the 4th is just too sweet!

Old 09-10-2003, 01:13 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

I threw 7 interceptions in one game and I was like WOW I suck.
Old 09-10-2003, 01:36 PM   #15
Rookie

ShoelessTroy's Arena

OVR: 2

This may not be new but it was cool. I was on the 2 yd line and I ran an off tackle to Duece McCalister (Saints Franchise) and as soon as I gave him the ball I powered up then hit "Y" to jump and he friggen took off like a rocket. He jump completely over the line-backer coming in for the kill. It looked like a Walter Payton endzone dive. Very sweet!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2003, 01:43 PM   #16
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

lordvader said:
Great Finds AMEN!!! Really, really good stuff! I have goosebumps over here! I can't wait until 5:00 so I can rush home and continue my Broncos season! These seemingly little animations and cut scenes really add to the ESPN Football gaming experience.

The most unique extra I can share with you was in another post I started. In a nutshell, there is a cutscene when you are playing San Francisco that shows the field's eye view towards the sky as a team blimp flys overhead with the lighted, flashing word 'TOUCHDOWN!' on the side! It is nice that for every little annoyance I discover with this game, I discover another hidden treasure.

I've seen the blimp at other stadiums too. Have you noticed at times during the game it will cast a blimp shadow on the field. Nice!

Another I saw was, I had trips right and Shawn Jefferson alone on the left. Literally alone, the CB shifted. I got excited cause it was 3rd down, so I took a quick 3 step and rocketed it at Jefferson....the ball hit him directly in the facemask a half a second before he got his hands up. His head even snapped back a little. Very cool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »