Home

CON (Consistency) Rating

This is a discussion on CON (Consistency) Rating within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2003, 01:27 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
CON (Consistency) Rating

Guys check this rating for your players.

I am playing an exhibition game with the Redskins and you know how they have a Superbowl caliber defense on paper right? I went in a checked out their CON ratings for the starters and only 3 of 11 starters had a consistency rating above 64. These players were LaVar Arrington(83), Jessie Armstead(88) and Regan Upshaw(74).

The CON(Consistency) rating is an attribute that will tell you how often a player is playing to his abilities. This is such a sweet rating.

So, when you see a guy with High tackling not make those stops look at his consistency rating. I mean Fred Smoot has an 88 Coverage rating but his Consistency is 60 and he has been burned like 3 times in the game that I am playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2003, 01:30 PM   #2
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18
Re: CON (Consistency) Rating

Cool info, so Ryan Leaf would have a CON rating of about 2??

hehe
Old 09-10-2003, 01:31 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Quote:

NoleFan said:

I am playing an exhibition game with the Redskins and you know how they have a Superbowl caliber defense on paper right? I went in a checked out their CON ratings for the starters and only 3 of 11 starters had a consistency rating above 64. These players were LaVar Arrington(83), Jessie Armstead(88) and Regan Upshaw(74).

The CON(Consistency) rating is an attribute that will tell you how often a player is playing to his abilities. This is such a sweet rating.

So, when you see a guy with High tackling not make those stops look at his consistency rating. I mean Fred Smoot has an 88 Coverage rating but his Consistency is 60 and he has been burned like 3 times in the game that I am playing.

Hmmm. I'll agree with you to a degree on Smoot.... He has gotten beaten deep several times... But what about Champ? He's pretty consistent to me.

BTW, Go Redskins!
Old 09-10-2003, 01:36 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

In real life Champ is pretty consistent but in the game his consistency rating is a 58. He hasn't been tested in this game though cause Plummer is shying away from him. He is attacking smoot though. LOL
Old 09-10-2003, 01:38 PM   #5
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

NoleFan said:

Yep. This is MAIN rating I look at. It makes the rookies with a LOT of talent, play like rookies...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2003, 01:41 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

i dig the consistency rating but i wonder how it's implemented. what i mean is, ok, smoot is a 60. does that mean he plays at his attribute level 60% of the time? if so, what is his ratings the other 40% of the time? maybe it means that at times he plays at 60% of his attibutes. if so, how often does he play at 60%?
Old 09-10-2003, 03:17 PM   #7
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

great find. that goes along way explaining the results i am having.
Old 09-10-2003, 03:34 PM   #8
All Star

OVR: 32

Quote:

MaddenMan said:
Cool info, so Ryan Leaf would have a CON rating of about 2??

hehe

No. Ryan Leaf was perhaps the most consistent player in the NFL

He consistently sucked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »