Home

Season Mode

This is a discussion on Season Mode within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2011, 06:42 PM   #1
Pro

porky14's Arena

OVR: 6
Season Mode

Is their a season mode in 2K5 or just franchise mode ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 10:13 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Season Mode

franchise mode is season mode!!! hope that helped!
Old 09-15-2011, 06:47 PM   #3
Pro

porky14's Arena

OVR: 6

Just saying........... some old rosters.

They don't work for franchise mode, that's why I was asking.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:19 AM   #4
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

They should all work for a season. No one (that ever replies here anymore) knows anything about the key to making a roster survive through multiple seasons. All we have is speculation. Some make it past a slowdown period in preseason and are playable and others zip through preseason but have skill players that start out with a season's worth of stats. And of course, there are a few that just freeze. Usually those are from people who rushed them out the door.

What causes freezing? Well, perhaps salary caps issues, clearing rookie stats, importing/exporting rosters, copying players from one roster to another, messing with the coaches, using large attributes, assigning too many "created" player last name-only guys, creating guys in-game, overwriting too many name slots, using too many characters in names that take it over the limit, swapping the file from machine to machine, an angry xbox gnome screwing with your stuff while you sleep. Who knows...

So if you want multiple seasons, the only rosters sure to go through them without any problems belong to Puja and he no longer is active on the forum (as evidenced by his stickied thread). His last roster was from the 08-09 season. He worked in close conjunction with the maker of the editor who has a more technical version of that editor for himself that he can apparently use to weed out some problems. Of course, the final roster from VC will also play though multiple seasons.

I'm sure you didn't mean the thread as an indictment of the roster makers' work (and if you did, I have another whole response entirely), but just know that if the answer was put out in front of us, we'd likely use it to create rosters that flowed like water from one season to another.

__________________________________________________ ______________

On a side note, you have no idea how much I wish I had programming knowledge and could tap into the interior of the game. I'd love to pull out all the UNK photos w/numbers for posting (Finn?) and even moreso, I'd LOVE to extract a player's season stats when it is over (in something like Excel). I dream about that one. I would have so much fun with that. Doing it by hand isn't what I call a good time. I'd be willing to pay huge for that. I'm not even sure if it is possible. Anyway...
Old 09-20-2011, 11:21 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Thanx Dophin for clarifying.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »