Home

Official ESPN Roster Update: PS2- OUT! Xbox- Monday?!

This is a discussion on Official ESPN Roster Update: PS2- OUT! Xbox- Monday?! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2003, 11:08 AM   #9
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18
Re: ESPN Roster Update: PS2- OUT! Xbox- Monday?!

Quote:

bdunn13 said:
Quote:

MaddenMan said:
Hey foss, does it have Vick on the Falcons or on injured reserve?

IR would mean he would be out for the season, that would not be right(fair).
For those wanting to start a new franchise.

Yeah that's true, maybe they should lower his attributes big time and make him injured for 6 or 7 weeks?
Old 09-11-2003, 11:13 AM   #10
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

jbprice20 said:
i'm an eagles fan too...wasn't monday nite just brutal? and now with b dawk and taylor out, i think ne will be able to put up some points. the eagles are in some trouble on sunday...

I'm hoping that Andy learned something about his playcalling on Monday. But probably not.

I just know we gotta push the ball downfield more - the incessant dumpoffs are killing me. And with our defense depleted, the constant 3 and outs from the offense will take even more of a toll.

Quote:

anyway, when you say there wasn't a change in the depth chart, i'm thinking you especially mean at de. is it just that burgess is still a starter and green is probably the 4th guy on the list

The Depth chart is OK. Burgess is 6th, Green 5th. Coleman is signed.

Quote:

were players like reno mahe, greg lewis, etc. created and put on the squad?

No Lewis. No Mahe. (Geeky as it sounds, I don't want to start a franchise without Mahe.)

The Milons trade went through.

Jon Parry (FB) is still on the team. Bartrum is still on the team.

Maybe it was just my initial look at it - I guess is has most stuff, but no new players.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:33 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

no new players for the birds? that stinks. oh well. thanks for the info though and you're right, andy is not going to change. and donovan isn't going to either. he just refuses to through passes that have a shot of getting picked off. ya know what they say, no risk, no reward. sometimes donovan makes me want to
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2003, 12:27 PM   #12
MVP

dbeth's Arena

OVR: 21

I would hope that they wouldn't kill the players ratings because they're hurt. I know they just moved Pennington and Vick to the bottom of the list (but Driver and Furgeson for the Pack are still in their spots), but don't bump the ratings.

I want to be able to play my franchise from the start of preseason and act like nothing has happened in the real NFL. Just give me the final 53 man roster and I'll go from there. If you want to play a season with Vick out, go ahead, but since they're at the bottom of the depth chart, will CPU Atlanta move vick up in 4-6 weeks? I doubt it.

The Packers (the team I usually play with) is about 98% correct now as opposed to not even close at first. And yes, I picked up Freeman, but he's at the bottom of my WR list.....just in case I lose Driver/Furgeson.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:44 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

I want to be able to play my franchise from the start of preseason and act like nothing has happened in the real NFL. Just give me the final 53 man roster and I'll go from there.

i totally agree. i want pennington, vick and even guys that had to go on ir like rex tucker of chicago and chad eaton of seattle on there and in their correct spot on the depth chart. then, if during the course of the season, they get hurt, so be it.

i also don't add guys to a roster that were added because of injury. examples include freeman for the pack and coleman for the eagles. when i make my rosters, i ask myself if this guy would be on the team if player x didn't get hurt. my 2 pennies.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:49 PM   #14
Pro

Chodite24's Arena

OVR: 6

woohoo, it's in the Roster download forum. Freakin DSL service won't let my PS2 connect

Thx Fossum!!
Old 09-11-2003, 01:19 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

jbprice20 said:
Quote:

I want to be able to play my franchise from the start of preseason and act like nothing has happened in the real NFL. Just give me the final 53 man roster and I'll go from there.

i totally agree. i want pennington, vick and even guys that had to go on ir like rex tucker of chicago and chad eaton of seattle on there and in their correct spot on the depth chart. then, if during the course of the season, they get hurt, so be it.

i also don't add guys to a roster that were added because of injury. examples include freeman for the pack and coleman for the eagles. when i make my rosters, i ask myself if this guy would be on the team if player x didn't get hurt. my 2 pennies.

My sentiments exactly
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2003, 01:27 PM   #16
Pro

Chodite24's Arena

OVR: 6

One cool thing I've noticed about the PS2 update so far - Bulger is now the #1 QB on the Rams depth chart

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »