Home

ESPN Flaws - overrated

This is a discussion on ESPN Flaws - overrated within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2003, 03:24 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: ESPN Flaws - overrated

Running backs are overpowered, If I'm playing a crappy team like Houston and my friend is playing Oakland he can average 5 yards even if I stack the line with a goalline formation or 4-3. Yeah sometimes I'll nail him for a loss, but just as often he'll bust out a 10 to 15 yard run. Even with a crappy defensive team you should not be giving up 5 yards a run when you KNOW its coming.

There are other flaws like the online bug, the 720p fiasco, and where are the ho's for the hottub? But, yes, if you bring those up you MUST be a troll and you get banned and the thread locked.
Old 09-11-2003, 03:25 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

I agree....
Old 09-11-2003, 03:25 PM   #11
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

Balboni said:
maybe so, but when the computer has chance to take the lead with a 35 yrd field goal and punts, it is considered a serious flaw. is there anyway to fix that? because it happened to me last night and I won but shouldn't have...

I don't play the CPU - online only for me.

I play madden for my franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2003, 03:26 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

the madden franchise is good. I think the perfect game would be the graphics presentation of ESPN and gameplay/controls/franchise/AI of Madden...just my opinion..
Old 09-11-2003, 03:27 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

Balboni said:
see? if someone points out the legitimate flaws in this game they get attacked. face it, the longer you play this game the more glaring problems it has; and I dont even live near a bridge...

I know the game has flaws, I will not argue that. But there is a way to bring these things up for discussion without being confronational, which the original post was, IMHO. Rational, reasoned discussion- that is what OS does best , that is why I why I come here.

Also I take it upon myself to give anyone that uses "gay" in their posts as a synonym for dumb, stupid, bad, etc. a bad time.
Old 09-11-2003, 03:28 PM   #14
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

That's part of the problem. People go "oh I'll stack a goalline up there and stuff them". What happens if you don't get penetration, or one of Oakland's Pro Bowl offensive lineman pushes you? You just gave the guy a free run straight to the safety, and pray to God that the safety brings him down.

I agree that the runningbacks are MUCH more powerful than anything in history...however, overpowered? I don't agree. Sometimes the answer isn't the old "stack the line with a goalline and hope he doesn't get past the initial push" like it has been for years. I've been successful in a 3-4 while bringing the pressure at different locations, etc. It IS possible to slow down the running game...and no, simply bringing something up doesn't get a lock and a ban. It's how you state your case. It's amazing that fact escapes so many people.
Old 09-11-2003, 03:29 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

Cingitall said:
Running backs are overpowered, If I'm playing a crappy team like Houston and my friend is playing Oakland he can average 5 yards even if I stack the line with a goalline formation or 4-3. Yeah sometimes I'll nail him for a loss, but just as often he'll bust out a 10 to 15 yard run. Even with a crappy defensive team you should not be giving up 5 yards a run when you KNOW its coming.

There are other flaws like the online bug, the 720p fiasco, and where are the ho's for the hottub? But, yes, if you bring those up you MUST be a troll and you get banned and the thread locked.

Knowing it's coming doesn't mean you can stop it. You have to call good defense, and make good angles on the ball carrier. Most of these broken tackles people talk about are when you try and take someone down with a diving tackle, that SHOULD be broken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2003, 03:31 PM   #16
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:

bdunn13 said:
Quote:

Balboni said:
maybe so, but when the computer has chance to take the lead with a 35 yrd field goal and punts, it is considered a serious flaw. is there anyway to fix that? because it happened to me last night and I won but shouldn't have...

I don't play the CPU - online only for me.

I play madden for my franchise.

But this is a major flaw for people who would like to play offline franchise!!!

Sega not getting the little things right......

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »