Home

ESPN Flaws - overrated

This is a discussion on ESPN Flaws - overrated within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2003, 03:34 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: ESPN Flaws - overrated

Quote:

BurtReynolds said:
Quote:

According to you. Learn how to play defense, is all I can say.

Such a fan boy response to a flaw in ESPN. I'll put icon up against icon (I get to pick yours, and vice versa) that I can rack up over 200 yards against you 5 straight games, with Stephen Davis. Furthermore, I guarantee 300+ yards in 2/5 games. It's nothing to do with defense, the running game in this game is a horrible joke. No running back in the world can run THROUGH a goal line defense up the middle. I've broken 6 tackles on good defenses like miami.

You sure ain't doing that on LEGEND. Maybe on PRO you are but on the higher difficulty setting I doubt it especially against good teams. There's no way your breaking 6 tackles on ALLPRO and LEGEND and I doubt you even break 4. Play on LEGEND hot shot or even drop all your sliders to 0 and increase the CPU's to all the way up and say that stuff.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:47 AM   #50
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

On allpro i was breaking 2 or 3 tackles with portis but on legend im break maybe 1 but you can still get your yards
Old 09-12-2003, 04:13 AM   #51
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:

BurtReynolds said:
Quote:

Such a fan boy response to a flaw in ESPN. I'll put icon up against icon (I get to pick yours, and vice versa) that I can rack up over 200 yards against you 5 straight games, with Stephen Davis. Furthermore, I guarantee 300+ yards in 2/5 games. It's nothing to do with defense, the running game in this game is a horrible joke. No running back in the world can run THROUGH a goal line defense up the middle. I've broken 6 tackles on good defenses like miami.

oooooooooohhhhh ! Tough guy bragging on the internet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2003, 04:51 AM   #52
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

BurtReynolds said:
Quote:

So why do you play the game? Take it back, get something else...leave this forum.
My guess is though, that you won't do any of the above.

Old 09-12-2003, 07:37 AM   #53
Pro

OVR: 6

I agree that at default on All-Pro, the running backs are a little over powered at times. But they can be stopped. I just played my week 2 game in franchise (as Steelers, All-Pro, FPM) and shutout the Chiefs 28-0. Now KC has got some O but I was able to shut them down. Priest Holmes had 16car 44yds. I sacked Trent Green 5 times and picked him 3 times. I also played San Diego when I first got the game in exhibition mode and held LT to 21car 53yds. And the thing is, I've always been a Madden Die Hard and I actually had no problem adjusting to the controls and gameplay. I love both games, but both have their flaws. Neither will ever be perfect. Some of the issues you brought up can be helped by adjusting the sliders, same for Madden. What got me hooked on ESPN though is FPM. I can't play any other way now.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:10 AM   #54
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

BurtReynolds said:
Quote:

Either you are playing Pro or Rookie, or you are lying. Plain and simple. I've NEVER broken that many tackles with Thomas on All-Pro, and I'm pretty good at this game.

To tell you the truth, I would HATE it if it was "easy" to bring down backs. Do you have trouble tackling the receivers? No. It's the running backs. They SHOULD!! be a threat. Just look at the post above me. Can you imagine how easy it would be to stop a back in this game if they went down one first contact? Insane. And don't talk to me about: "well then, maybe the game should be set up so that you don't get to the back so quickly". Well, guess what guys, how many backs get their yards without having to shed 1 or 2 tackles per carry. Not very many. Imagine the real NFL if backs went down on first contact... BORING! The fact that this game uses gang tackles PROPERLY affords it the ability to make these backs tough to bring down on one hit. It's not just cosmetic and is setup such that they are USABLE. NO other game does them this way. You can bet that the other games will adopt this implementation of gang-tackles. (Except maybe Madden, because EA has always vowed to never copy from Sega, but we won't go there.)

I love the challenge. I love having to worry about the running game. Most people want to just pin their ears back and come after the QB while playing Nickel/Dime behind them. Yeah, THAT'S a real strategy. If you did that in real life at ANY level, you'll pay for it.

And that f*nboy comment shows your ignorance because even though I would guess bk slightly prefers ESPN (I could be wrong), I KNOW he also loves Madden. Same as I do. But that's between you and him.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:21 AM   #55
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

BurtReynolds said:
Quote:

LOL...

BTW it is possible to run through a goalline defense. Goaline defense's aren't inpenetrable. Learn something about football, then maybe you'll have a clue for playing ESPN.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2003, 09:25 AM   #56
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

Didn't you know that goal line defenses never give up a score? They plug all the gaps and are like brick walls 100% of the time...not to mention they also have such a great second tier defense in case a back DOES break through (even though it doesn't happen in real life).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »