Home

Questions from Newbie (PS2 Version)

This is a discussion on Questions from Newbie (PS2 Version) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2003, 08:35 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
Questions from Newbie (PS2 Version)

1. What is with Owens' speed? At 81, most RBs and WRs are faster than he is. So are a couple of LBs. Always end up overthrowing him on any deep patterns.

2. Is there a way to have your online login password stored?

3. Are the playbooks you create with all those plays useable online? How do you select which playbook?

4. On audibles, when I see the play I want, do I press the icon shown or something else?

5. On audibles, how do I change formation? Say I was in I-form but wanted to audible to a T-form play, how would I do it?

6. How do I get my CBs to play inside or outside technique? Would that presumably help prevent WRs from getting a free release on slants (they seem to lose the CB right away, even on Man defense, and hit the gap before the safety can come up)?

7. Does play action work better only if they've established the run or do defenders bite on all play fakes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2003, 05:14 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Questions from Newbie (PS2 Version)

What I can suggest is to go from the main menu and into game features. There lies the game manual in its entirety. A feature selection that may have all answers to your questions. Good luck.
Old 09-12-2003, 05:18 PM   #3
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

1) His speed is slow. There's a whole thread on it.
2) No.
3) No, no loading custom playbooks online.
4) The icon shown. You don't even have to list the play if you don't want to. If you memorize the buttons, just hit audible and then the button...even if it's showing a different play.
5) Not sure. I stick to in-formation audibles so I don't tip off my opponent as to what I'm shifting to. Not even sure you can.
6) When you hit your "secondary shift" button, you hit left on the R stick to get inside position (once for safeties, twice for corners), L for outside (same thing, once for only safeties to cover the deep outs, twice for corners). In my experience, I believe it's ONLY twice if your safeties are in separate coverage from your corners (Cover 2 Man, for instance). If everybody is in man to man and you're blitzing, then you only have to hit the stick once.
7) PA is sort of screwed up in my opinion. Defenders bite, especially on first down, but if they DO, and they tackle the runningback, you get a defensive holding call...whacky.
Old 09-12-2003, 05:23 PM   #4
Pr*

SEGA_LOYAL_FAN's Arena

OVR: 11

can u imagine how annoying online games will be when every play everyone runs are trick plays(if they allow custom playbooks) .

Have fun first!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »