Home

terrel owens speed rating and other nfl players ratings

This is a discussion on terrel owens speed rating and other nfl players ratings within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2003, 04:30 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: terrel owens speed rating and other nfl players ratings

Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:
This is an area where VC could benefit from doing a little more research on players to get a little more accurate with respect to player ratings. I saw a guy who was a scrub, his rating was a 37 overall. No player, star or scrub should be rated that low.

If you actually read the ingame manual you would know that according to Visual Concepts all of the players speed are based upon thier position & 40yard time.

Also you can edit ANY player.

Before you ASSUME a company can not do something right look at what you typed that is severly wrong,

peace
Old 09-12-2003, 04:31 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Quote:

tigerx82 said:
interesting post gooberstone. Anymore where that came from?

That's Stabone. Anyway, nah, that's it. But I tell you I'm gonna print this off and preach it to everyone. Those ben johnson stats are fact. I remember that olympics back in '88. Those 40 times are officially bogus.

(But T.O. still should have more speed. )
Old 09-12-2003, 04:41 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:

Tears2040 said:
Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:
This is an area where VC could benefit from doing a little more research on players to get a little more accurate with respect to player ratings. I saw a guy who was a scrub, his rating was a 37 overall. No player, star or scrub should be rated that low.

If you actually read the ingame manual you would know that according to Visual Concepts all of the players speed are based upon thier position & 40yard time.

Before you ASSUME a company can not do something right look at what you typed that is severly wrong,

peace

Tears, I dont even believe he was complaining about a speed rating but rather an overall rating.

Eitherways, if a company used strictly 40 times to calculate player speeds then there would be a problem. I am not sure about this but NFL veterans dont really have to be timed in 40 yard dashes So I am sure Jerry Rice had a decent 40 yard time from back in the 80s does that mean he should be highly rated in terms of speed.

I think a combination of the 40 yard times and speed estimates for guys like Rice who you cant really rely on their 40 yard times is the way to go. I have read every page on the reference guide and I truly hope they didnt just use the 40 yard times of players in calculating speed.

I dont even know if all players in the NFL were timed on 40 yard dashes especially the high-draft picks who skip the combine.

I havent used TO yet so I dont know how it translates on the field, but looking at the attributes and seeing Jerry Rice with a Speed or 86 and TO with a speed of 81 gives the impression that the attributes are off, even if the players perform as expected on the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2003, 04:46 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:

tigerx82 said:
Quote:

Tears2040 said:
Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:

peace

Tears, I dont even believe he was complaining about a speed rating but rather an overall rating.

Eitherways, if a company used strictly 40 times to calculate player speeds then there would be a problem. I am not sure about this but NFL veterans dont really have to be timed in 40 yard dashes So I am sure Jerry Rice had a decent 40 yard time from back in the 80s does that mean he should be highly rated in terms of speed.

I think a combination of the 40 yard times and speed estimates for guys like Rice who you cant really rely on their 40 yard times is the way to go. I have read every page on the reference guide and I truly hope they didnt just use the 40 yard times of players in calculating speed.

I dont even know if all players in the NFL were timed on 40 yard dashes especially the high-draft picks who skip the combine.

I havent used TO yet so I dont know how it translates on the field, but looking at the attributes and seeing Jerry Rice with a Speed or 86 and TO with a speed of 81 gives the impression that the attributes are off, even if the players perform as expected on the field.

Aight cool I feel you, but when ever has T.O. been know for being a speedster?

The thing is even if you think he should be slightly faster would you noticed the difference by a couple of points while playing this game?

If you don't agree with an attribute that is why there is a feature so you can adjust players ratings.

I feel you guys in here just put to much thought in this.

This is not real life, while still impressive it will be years before a video game can mimick real life.

By me knowing this that is why I can enjoy video games
,peace
Old 09-12-2003, 04:52 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 7

you're right, I wouldnt really notice the speed difference in this game while playing. its one of those things, its there, you look at it, its wrong, then you complain.

I'll play with the 49ers to see how he is though. However, if i get caught from behind by a linebacker.
Old 09-12-2003, 05:11 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:

BraveWayne said:
Quote:

gooberstabone said:
What are other RECEIVERS rated?

E. Moulds- 87
R. Smith- 80
K. Johnson- 85
D. Boston- 95
M. Harrison- 98
P. Price- 92
A. Toomer- 87
J. Smith- 87
Troy Brown- 83
J. Rice- 86
Tim Brown- 88
T. Holt- 91
L. Coles- 90
J. Horn- 85
H. Ward- 82
D. Mason- 85
R. Moss- 95

Wow that list is jacked. Holt should be a 95, and Coles should be 98, or 97, maybe evnen 99. Do you guys know what his 40 time is??? It's a freaking 4.18!!!! This guy was a track star in college, and Randy Moss and Piereless Price is faster than him??? I don't think so.
Old 09-12-2003, 06:13 PM   #39
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

In response to an earlier post i'm too lazy to quote:

It's not that people are complainign about it...we're just discussing it. None of use are going to take the game back b/c of the speed ratings.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:17 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 14

I'm not completely sure but i remember T.O having a 40 time of either 4.45 or 4.54 . One or the other, also how the hell can Tim Brown be faster than Terrell Owens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »