Home

Had the coolest challenge related series last night

This is a discussion on Had the coolest challenge related series last night within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2003, 07:04 PM   #17
Thread Killa

TecmoBowl's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Had the coolest challenge related series last night

I don't know what is up with me, but I've never seen the CPU lose a challenge. It is almost always ball spot error too.

Sometimes they will win but not get enough yardage for a first down - like 4th and inches instead of 4th and 1. So that is pretty cool.
Old 09-18-2003, 04:19 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Has anyone had the illegal forward pass flag thrown on them? or has anyone thrown one?
Old 09-18-2003, 05:00 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:

shotgun said:
Has anyone had the illegal forward pass flag thrown on them? or has anyone thrown one?

I have on the demo... got a penalty, but forgot how much for, or if we repeated the first down or not.
Old 09-18-2003, 05:23 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

TCrouch said:
CPU, and I like that. Do I like the fact that they might burn both challenges by halftime, on ball spot errors that really don't matter? Not really, but overall I like the challenge system.

The Eagles did something like that on the bucs game. They were challenging whether or not they had a fumble or incomplete pass. The difference as only a few yards and wouldnt have made a a 1st down or even that close to one. (they recovered the fumble), even the announcers said it was a waste of time/challenge, so it does happen.
Old 09-18-2003, 09:09 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 8

i have a big complaint regarding the challenge system. every time i challenge or the cpu challenges a play, the call is overturned. i'm at a point now that when i see the cpu coach throw the red flag, i know that i'm going to get screwed. anyone else see this?

brian
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2003, 09:14 PM   #22
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

No. I've had the computer challenge things like spot of the ball, and whether a player's arm was moving forward and they haveb't been automatically overturned.
Old 09-19-2003, 09:19 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

brezz2001 said:
i have a big complaint regarding the challenge system. every time i challenge or the cpu challenges a play, the call is overturned. i'm at a point now that when i see the cpu coach throw the red flag, i know that i'm going to get screwed. anyone else see this?

brian

When the game first came out I head this was the case too. Especially if the CPU made a challenge, that you could be 99% sure it would be overturned. But in my experience, I would say that the CPUs challenges have resulted in overturned calls only 50-60% of the time. Keep playing, you'll see it level out.

I am amazed how VC pulled off the challenge system in its first year of implementation. It's the most in-depth and accurate system of all and it's only the first time they tried it. Great job VC!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »